Letsuseournoggin

Which book will make the best movie?

Best Movie  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which book would make the best movie?

• The Hunger Games
    • Catching Fire
    • Mockingjay Part 1
    • Mockingjay Part 2

I'm making the assumption that Mockingjay will be broken up into two movies ala Potter and Twilight. And I think that the book does allow for it to take place based on everything that takes place in that book. There's a lot going on. Anyway.. which book material would translate into the best movie?Anyway, my vote goes to what would "likely" take place in Mockingjay part 2.

Edited by Letsuseournoggin

Definitely Mockingjay. If they take some time to flesh out the very last parts of the book, it should be fantastic. By then they should have enough $$$ to get a top notch VFX team also. Which will be needed.Just imagine seeing these things on screen:

All of the Pods in the CapitolThe Propos from the rebelsThe hospital in D8 & the hovercraft assaultFinnick spilling the beans on President Snow & the Capitol prominentHijacked!Peeta, especially when he attacks Katniss (that will be the split in the two movies, I think)

Seeing the different effects in the Clock in Catching Fire will be awesome also. Then the ending... oooooo.

Why is everyone so sure CF will make the best movie? Nothing happens for the first half of the book. It's gonna be hard work adapting the first 150 pages of that book without boring audiences. Personally I think MJ2 has the most potential by far. There's SO much stuff they can expand on that Collins didn't include in the book, and a lot of stuff she did include that will just be absolutely epic on screen both in action and emotional scope. Although I wish MJ was just one 3 hour epic film instead of two.

Edited by MovieMan89

Mockingjay. Probably the least satisfying book but the film makers have such an awesome opportunity to rectify that with the screen version.

I hope that's what they will do too. But I feel like it would be really difficult to accomplish that properly so CF will probably have the best movie.

Why is everyone so sure CF will make the best movie? Nothing happens for the first half of the book. It's gonna be hard work adapting the first 150 pages of that book without boring audiences. Personally I think MJ2 has the most potential by far. There's SO much stuff they can expand on that Collins didn't include in the book, and a lot of stuff she did include that will just be absolutely epic on screen both in action and emotional scope. Although I wish MJ was just one 3 hour epic film instead of two.

The first half of THG was just preparing for the games and it flew by. I think the beginning of Catching Fire is even more interesting so I expect the movie to be excellent from start to finish.I think Mockingjay part 2 will be as good as DH2 so obviously I think that will be the best one.

The first half of CF is the best part for making a movie IMO. They can show Peeta and Katniss going to all the districts. It will be so interesting to see how they look visually, and I think this is the part that Francis Lawrence will actually shine the most.