CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

Lots of last minute, left field messiness on the eve of Oscar, from the rescinded 13th Hour nomination (why him and not Weinstein in all his years of dubious tactics) to the Hidden Figures producer drama to the sheer WTFery of Karl Lagerfeld dragging Meryl Streep of all people into a feud over a Chanel dress!

Just now, filmlover said:

Also, I posted this in the Classic Conversation thread but Natalie Portman isn't attending tonight because of her pregnancy.

Now I want her to win for the awkwardness :lol: Plus this ceremony might go over 4 hours with all the Trump speeches, so any reduction in length is good.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

VFX and Makeup could go in any direction, and there's still plenty of room for random wins.

what no. vfx is to me one of the most locked categories. why would jungle book not win? plz do not quote this post if i'm wrong.

Just now, filmlover said:

Also, I posted this in the Classic Conversation thread but Natalie Portman isn't attending tonight because of her pregnancy.

Good move: she looks to be very far along, it can be a very uncomfortable time for a woman let alone in formalwear, she's probably not going to win and on the off chance that she does, she's already had that moment of being handed an Oscar and making a speech. Put your feet up and relax, Natalie!

Zootopia has an 88% chance of winning the Animated feature award.

Kubo and the Two Strings with 10%.

2% chance for the other three.

I did notice that with the three "honest Oscar ballot" that the Hollywood Reporter does, one abstained and two voted for The Red Turtle. I don't know what to make of that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Zootopia has an 88% chance of winning the Animated feature award.

Kubo and the Two Strings with 10%.

2% chance for the other three.

I did notice that with the three "honest Oscar ballot" that the Hollywood Reporter does, one abstained and two voted for The Red Turtle. I don't know what to make of that.

i wouldn't take much stock in those oscar ballot articles. they're only a handful of people and they seem to seek out the most obnoxious ones. i remember last year i read like 15 of those articles and every single one voted for stallone. was so confident that night.:sadben:

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 5

Just now, BoxOfficeChica said:

Good move: she looks to be very far along, it can be a very uncomfortable time for a woman let alone in formalwear, she's probably not going to win and on the off chance that she does, she's already had that moment of being handed an Oscar and making a speech. Put your feet up and relax, Natalie!

I feel like she's only not attending because she knows she has zero chance of winning and just wants to enjoy the show from the comfort of her own home. Absences have been increasingly rare in recent years.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i wouldn't take much stock in those oscar ballot articles. they're only a handful of people and they seem to seek out the most obnoxious ones. i remember last year i read like 15 of those articles and every single one voted for stallone. was so confident that night.:sadben:

Academy probably sent a nasty email promising to blackball everyone who took part, which might explain the slim pickings this year. The 3 who volunteered for this year all seemed pretty obnoxious.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Then came reality to crush everyone's dreams.