CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Despite this screw-up coloring the entire show, I enjoyed the show (Kimmel was a very good host) and the winners are very satisfying, especially the acting winners. Say what you will about Casey Affleck as a person, but how can you not be happy about Emma Stone, Viola Davis, and Mahershala Ali joining the class of Oscar-winning actors?

Emma Stone was one of my young actress triple threats. So glad she won. So that's 2 of them Oscar winners now. Still waiting for Jessica to get one.

Viola Davis was way overdue. She should have won for Doubt imo. 

What does Amy Adams have to do to get an Oscar? Poor woman.

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I really wanted Huppert to win. I figured Stone will have plenty more chances.

Luckily for Huppert, she still has 15-20 more years left in her so the recognition here should allow more doors to open for her. This isn't like Emmanuelle Riva, who was very old and frail and close to the end of her story (which has now finished, of course).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

Emma Stone was one of my young actress triple threats. So glad she won. So that's 2 of them Oscar winners now. Still waiting for Jessica to get one.

Viola Davis was way overdue. She should have won for Doubt imo. 

What does Amy Adams have to do to get an Oscar? Poor woman.

Jessica Chastain, I assume? I actually thought she would win an Oscar before Emma or Brie did, but her "slump" (which all actors face) came sooner than expected. She still has plenty of time to catch up, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

So sad for the La La Land team, what they went through must have been horrible.

And yup, this is just a stupid over the top course correction for #OscarSoWhite, @OscarSoStraight, @AmericaSoTrump, @AmericaSoRepublican, etc. etc. etc.

You won't convince me that 70yo white male basics voted for Moonlight out of love for its cinematic mastery.

Half of them (let s say at least 1/3) probably didn't see the movie entirely or at all.

This win was 90% political and 10% artistic.

Plus, nobody saw Moonlight among the GA.

(One of the) Lowest grossing best picture winner ever.

NmVwWpb.gif

Your racism is showing, sis.

You all cannot let Black people win something without diminishing it a case of feeling sorry, out of pity, etc.

Truly ugly.

tSNAWge.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Rey said:

NmVwWpb.gif

Your racism is showing, sis.

You all cannot let Black people win something without diminishing it a case of feeling sorry, out of pity, etc.

Truly ugly.

tSNAWge.gif

This kind of knee jerk reaction is a problem having a problem with one film winning is not racist just because the film is a black film. I loved 12 years a slave and was happy it won and I hated crash and rather brokeback mountain won but in this context Moonlight seems to be a forced winner to fit a narrative

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jessica Chastain, I assume? I actually thought she would win an Oscar before Emma or Brie did, but her "slump" (which all actors face) came sooner than expected. She still has plenty of time to catch up, though.

Really wish Jessica had won by now, sigh.

And what do you mean by slump, sis? The lack of hits and roles after slaying for a while?

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yep. Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone. I wasn't checking for Brie at all.