CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

thank you for reminding us like 8 times in this thread that you don't care. congrats? it would've been pretty weird for me to keep popping up in the superbowl thread and be all "guys, i just wanna let you know that i don't care about the superbowl" ok great?

Wouldn't care if you did.  I'm not begrudging anyone with a interest in this, it's just not for me.  

But I shall take my leave from this thread, so enjoy the ceremony.

200.gif

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Bitch don't start with me.  I'll make thousands of think pieces praising The Great Wall and The Dark Knight and get 1k likes in a day.

Let's just say this, I'm a real hoe for likes so I'm in that group.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

Just now, CJohn said:

He was the last great host. They have been trying to bring him back almost every year.

they keep trying to get Ellen back too. i didn't like her so much though. i felt like we were all tearing her apart in the oscar thread that year but the media holds her up as the gold standard for some reason. biggest ratings in a while that year too. though i think that's because there were some popular movies nominated. plus lots of a-listers nominated that year. Leo, Pitt, Bradley Coop, Jlaw, Bullock, McConaughey. this year's batch doesn't compare in terms of star power. not sure if politics will help or hurt the ratings though.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

they keep trying to get Ellen back too. i didn't like her so much though. i felt like we were all tearing her apart in the oscar thread that year but the media holds her up as the gold standard for some reason. biggest ratings in a while that year too. though i think that's because there were some popular movies nominated. plus lots of a-listers nominated that year. Leo, Pitt, Bradley Coop, Jlaw, Bullock, McConaughey. this year's batch doesn't compare in terms of star power. not sure if politics will help or hurt the ratings though.

It was the viral selfie that made everyone like her. That and the pizza. She just came across as affable.

I wouldn't put her as the best, though

Just now, franfar said:

Can't make a think piece if you didn't think through it

Just now, AABATTERY said:

I think you're overestimating the appeal of your think pieces.

I'll take time and effort unlike any other.  They will be grand posts with at least five paragraphs that detail why Great Wall and Dark Knight would make an excellent cinematic universe with character and plot studies amongst other subjects.  Expect greatness :ph34r: