CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Soooo, with Alita not seeming like it's gonna go too big, could this take advantage and sorta breakout?

(In all likelihood not, cause HTTYD3.)

HTTYD 3 is looking towards making less than all the other films (based on the grosses in OS markets) but Lego Movie 2 is also looking to make less than the first film too. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2019/02/how-to-train-your-dragon-the-hidden-world-fandango-sneaks-box-office-1202548566/

Hidden World also made more than Warner Bros. sneaks for The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part last Saturday, but that pic had a smaller footprint at 550 locations which played one show at 2pm, grossing an estimated $400K-plus (that’s an industry estimate, not studio-reported). Hidden World played at just over 1,000 at 3PM yesterday. Most of Lego Movie 2‘s locations were sold out with older teens and younger adults showing up.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Soooo, with Alita not seeming like it's gonna go too big, could this take advantage and sorta breakout?

Just the other way around. This outright flopped - so that Alita can benefit. :)

Really hate the Lego movies and am really glad they finally died. But even I am surprised this movie's thread has such low interest - even here.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2019 at 11:06 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They spoiled perhaps a wonderful cameo in the TV spots. 

I just saw a TV spot that included

Noel & Richard

which were nice cameos in the film.

I'm glad I didnt see any marketing before watching the film. Quite pleased with myself that I had not seen even one second of footage, advertising, trailers etc. - same for HTTYD3. It is so much better watching movies that way!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I just saw a TV spot that included

Reveal hidden contents

which were nice cameos in the film.

I'm glad I didnt see any marketing before watching the film. Quite pleased with myself that I had not seen even one second of footage, advertising, trailers etc. - same for HTTYD3. It is so much better watching movies that way!

I saw it on TV, not online.

• Like 1

I'm actually a little sad that this movie isn't doing better - it's my favorite animated movie in awhile.

It's almost a home run (spouse and I gave it B+s leaning to the A-)...and my kids loved it...

And the music - wow!  BEST CREDITS SONG EVER!  I have never enjoyed staying for the credits more:)...

• Like 2

It is a strange movie, because it is a big animated big budget sequel from a liked first entry that has one of the best second half I have ever seen (but a very middle of the road first).

Must be little different needed for this to be more successful, maybe the total lack of link story wise between the first and 2 ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stealthyfrog said:

Blu-Ray/DVD/digital combo is $5 on Amazon with code 10Lego. Guess I'll finally see this movie. I have high hopes based on how good the first Lego movie is

It’s pretty fun. Better than TLBM but not as much as TLM.

• Like 1