CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

22 hours ago, The Panda said:

Like the LEGO universe or Playmobil had rich themes.  They're both toy brands and just that.

And Playmobil will bomb, nobody in the US knows that brand name, especially compared to say LEGO.  

Fortunately, the world is not limited to the United States!

Hug!

16 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Yeah, it's China + America.

Typical American arrogance.

First, America is the whole continent, the country is called the United States of America, perhaps an increase in their geography lessons would be good for you.

Second, if you rely on the Chinese, "China + US" will never exist in the same sentence.

7 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

Typical American arrogance.

First, America is the whole continent, the country is called the United States of America, perhaps an increase in their geography lessons would be good for you.

Second, if you rely on the Chinese, "China + US" will never exist in the same sentence.

Geez, someone is pissy. America can refer to the continents or the country. And I was pointing out that a Playmobil movie would bomb in both countries. Typical Brazilian arrogance 

Edited by robertman2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gabriel Sales said:

Fortunately, the world is not limited to the United States!

Hug!

Even then, LEGO is popular, Playmobil is not.

Playmobil is bombing (if they even go through with making it), sorry.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2016 at 11:43 PM, robertman2 said:

Geez, someone is pissy. America can refer to the continents or the country. And I was pointing out that a Playmobil movie would bomb in both countries. Typical Brazilian arrogance 

Typical American prejudice.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 8:48 AM, The Panda said:

Even then, LEGO is popular, Playmobil is not.

Playmobil is bombing (if they even go through with making it), sorry.

Funnily enough, if I had visited this thread before yesterday, I would have had to google Playmobil to find out what it is.

Anyway, I just did a quickie search to find out whether my lack of knowledge of Playmobil is because I've been living under a rock.

Sadly, Playmobil hasn't bothered to update the press release portion of their US website since early 2013, but their global sales in 2012 were about $600M. For comparison, Lego's global sales in 2012 were $4 billion. Unlike Playmobil, Lego actually updates their website. Their global sales in 2015 were $5.4B, which is pretty impressive growth.

Can confirm, Playmobil movie will bomb.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Funnily enough, if I had visited this thread before yesterday, I would have had to google Playmobil to find out what it is.

Anyway, I just did a quickie search to find out whether my lack of knowledge of Playmobil is because I've been living under a rock.

Sadly, Playmobil hasn't bothered to update the press release portion of their US website since early 2013, but their global sales in 2012 were about $600M. For comparison, Lego's global sales in 2012 were $4 billion. Unlike Playmobil, Lego actually updates their website. Their global sales in 2015 were $5.4B, which is pretty impressive growth.

Can confirm, Playmobil movie will bomb.

Not only that, but LEGO is a very iconic brand.  Even people who don't buy LEGOs know what LEGOs are.  Plus they have a large video game franchise that is quite popular.

Playmobil is a brand nobody pays attention to when they buy the toys for their kids, it also sounds much sillier than LEGO.  The LEGO Movie, while a concept made fun of at first, had a very fun hook to it, and it had brand recognition.  A GA hearing about the Playmobil movie will likely warrant a "WTF?" response, followed by them ignoring it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

Not only that, but LEGO is a very iconic brand.  Even people who don't buy LEGOs know what LEGOs are.  Plus they have a large video game franchise that is quite popular.

Playmobil is a brand nobody pays attention to when they buy the toys for their kids, it also sounds much sillier than LEGO.  The LEGO Movie, while a concept made fun of at first, had a very fun hook to it, and it had brand recognition.  A GA hearing about the Playmobil movie will likely warrant a "WTF?" response, followed by them ignoring it.

Do you really believe that 'The LEGO Movie' was successful because of the strength of your brand?

I attribute the success of the film to good script, great story, innovative CG, amazing music and its extraordinary jokes.

Before the premiere of the film I was convinced that the film would be a failure, wrong ugly. And honestly? I believe that the WB had believed more in the film and do a better marketing, 'The LEGO Movie' would have raised even more, both  DOM as OS.

The film did not have a launch in China!

Edited by Gabriel Sales

11 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

Do you really believe that 'The LEGO Movie' was successful because of the strength of your brand?

I attribute the success of the film to good script, great story, innovative CG, amazing music and its extraordinary jokes.

Before the premiere of the film I was convinced that the film would be a failure, wrong ugly. And honestly? I believe that the WB had believed more in the film and do a better marketing, 'The LEGO Movie' would have raised even more, both  DOM as OS.

The strength of the brand just helped even more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I guarantee you, if it had been called "The Playmobil Movie" it would have bombed, hard.

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

I guarantee you, if it had been called "The Playmobil Movie" it would have bombed, hard.

As collector and big fan of the brand, I'm happy with the production of the film and writhe so that the film has the same quality and be as good as 'The Little Prince' (the studio responsible and producers are the same). Even if 'PLAYMOBIL Movie' is a bomb in the US, I'm sure that will make decent in most of Europe and Latin America, China is an uncertainty, precisely what excites me, for example: The Little Prince grossed more than Inside Out and Hotel Transylvania 2 in China last year.

All depends on the marketing, or anyone doubts that a well-rated movie plus a well done marketing has great chances of success? We have recent examples as Deadpool and The Secret Life of Pets.

I know I'll watch!

Big hug you all!

6 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

As collector and big fan of the brand, I'm happy with the production of the film and writhe so that the film has the same quality and be as good as 'The Little Prince' (the studio responsible and producers are the same). Even if 'PLAYMOBIL Movie' is a bomb in the US, I'm sure that will make decent in most of Europe and Latin America, China is an uncertainty, precisely what excites me, for example: The Little Prince grossed more than Inside Out and Hotel Transylvania 2 in China last year.

All depends on the marketing, or anyone doubts that a well-rated movie plus a well done marketing has great chances of success? We have recent examples as Deadpool and The Secret Life of Pets.

I know I'll watch!

Big hug you all!

Unless this has a miniscule budget, Latin America and Europe won't be enough to save it.

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lego-movie-sequel-enlists-trolls-director-mike-mitchell-971657

'Lego Movie' Sequel Enlists 'Trolls' Director Mike Mitchell (Exclusive)

Mike Mitchell can't stop the feeling that everything will be awesome.

The director of DreamWorks Animation's hit Trolls has been hired to direct The Lego Movie sequel for Warner Bros. Animation.

Rob Schrab was previously named director, but sources say a parting of ways occurred due to "creative differences."

Damn. I was really looking forward to this but it doesn't bode well when you start hearing about directors leaving due to creative diffrences and the script being rewritten multiple times.

I wish this could just be Lord and Miller like the first one. Hope it's not another Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs where the first was awesome and the 2nd saw a huge decline.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not really happy about Mike Mitchell directing, I'd prefer Chris McKay - especially after hearing about the reactions to The LEGO Batman Movie but obviously my number 1 pick will always be Lord and Miller returning.

Hey, the clips I've seen of Trolls look like the upbeat romp that a The Lego Movie sequel should be. It's a great choice.

And the screenplay is still by Lord and Miller. Along with Raphael Bob-Waksberg, creator of Bojack Horseman.

Edited by cannastop