CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

Trolls and TLM - they've got a similar - not identical - spirit to them. I'm okay with this so far.

Thinking like that I'm okay with but I don't like Trolls or really anything else he's done up to this point.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Hey, the clips I've seen of Trolls look like the upbeat romp that a The Lego Movie sequel should be. It's a great choice.

And the screenplay is still by Lord and Miller. Along with Raphael Bob-Waksberg, creator of Bojack Horseman.

Obviously the script will help out a lot but so far he has a record of zero movies by him that I like and four that I don't like.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Well, that's certainly an interesting move!

It's a real shame they won't use any Star Wars material though.

Who knows? Han Solo, Lando, and Chewbacca made cameos in the first Lego Movie.

• Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

Wait, did they? I don't remember that, I could swear they hadn't used any Disney property... Well, that's promising.

It would be fun to see Iron Man cameo and have a little rivalry with Batman.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YourMother said:

The LCU has done great work so far, with only WDAS, Pixar, Laika, and some Dreamworks films beat it in quality or on the same level of quality. I have no doubt the sequel will be great.

WAG have done some great films, even Storks which was their weakest had its moments. 

Smallfoot and Scooby Doo are the tests whether WAG could have non Lego hit, Scooby is more likely than Smallfoot due to the name recognition 

• Like 2

The Warner Bros.France head delighted the auditorium by showing a composite trailer of clips, interspersed with observations from the creative team, from the upcoming sequel to 2014 breakout hit “The Lego Movie.” After assuring that the most popular characters would return he warned, “Everyone has changed except for Emmett.” The musical film will spoof the damsel in distress trope after Will Arnett’s Lego Batman is hijacked to Finn’s sister’s room and Emmett (Chris Pratt), must once again save the day.

From WAG at Annecy

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/warner-animation-group-allison-abbate-much-better-annecy-1202469035/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

The Warner Bros.France head delighted the auditorium by showing a composite trailer of clips, interspersed with observations from the creative team, from the upcoming sequel to 2014 breakout hit “The Lego Movie.” After assuring that the most popular characters would return he warned, “Everyone has changed except for Emmett.” The musical film will spoof the damsel in distress trope after Will Arnett’s Lego Batman is hijacked to Finn’s sister’s room and Emmett (Chris Pratt), must once again save the day.

From WAG at Annecy

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/warner-animation-group-allison-abbate-much-better-annecy-1202469035/

That sounds fucking insane.  It just might work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That sounds fucking insane.  It just might work.

I wonder if it's a bit part of the story or the entire plot since they're adding Emmet's sister in the movie. Seems hilarious though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YourMother said:

From WAG at Annecy

I dig it...I hope the third movie spoofs how everyone around him is more competent but Emmett keeps being hailed as the hero.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YourMother said:

From WAG at Annecy

Wait, Finn's sister... Finn from Star Wars or Adventure Time? Maybe both as "sister's" could be "sisters'"? SO MANY QUESTIONZ~

• Like 1