kayumanggi

TROLLS WORLD TOUR | 04.17.20 | Universal

If they make this shit brighter than the first one then my eyes are probably gonna fall out of my sockets when I see this.

• Like 1

First one was better, and did better than I think most people thought. Wouldn't be surprised with 175/400 for this

• Like 4

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

lol the first one wasn't even that big of a hit. 

What are you talking about, man...it made nearly $340M WW with a $125M budget. Is that not big enough, lol?

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Domestic?

I think he's talking worldwide.

For fucking Trolls II to reach those numbers DOM, I think Justin Timberlake would need to be affected by the Heath Ledger syndrome (which I don't think anyone wants to see happen).

• Like 1

The staying power of "Trolls" surprised executives at Universal, who thought the movie would be a one-and-done deal. Following its theatrical release, the title generated strong digital sales, and young girls -- a demographic relatively untapped by Universal properties thus far -- expressed interest in consumer products in studio surveys. Another encouraging metric: Many fans were producing their own "Trolls" content and uploading it to YouTube.

A "Trolls"-themed holiday special will air on Comcast's NBC network in late November, followed by a 24-episode Netflix show premiering in the first quarter of 2018. A live attraction "Trollseum" follows later next year and new "Trolls" digital shorts are being produced by DreamWorks employees and uploaded to YouTube once a week.

Universal is going all in on Trolls. This can either help or hurt the sequel.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, YourMother said:

A "Trolls"-themed holiday special will air on Comcast's NBC network in late November, followed by a 24-episode Netflix show premiering in the first quarter of 2018. A live attraction "Trollseum" follows later next year and new "Trolls" digital shorts are being produced by DreamWorks employees and uploaded to YouTube once a week.

This is overkill

29 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is overkill

These are the same people that marketed the Minions.

• Like 1

I'm happy for Dreamworks because I think they need this to be a hit if they're going to stay relevant as an animation giant. Just because they have a history doesn't mean they're immune to the changes of a flimsy industry.

The first Trolls film had underrated visual design in my opinion.

• Like 4

I liked Trolls. And even with all those shows they're putting out, it's still two years and some change away. If it was coming out Holiday 2018 then I'd feel overwhelmed already.

Also Dreamworks' Netflix shows...if it's in the vein of Peabody and Sherman (where the show is much better than the movie), sure. But it might be more like the Home one (it's fine but kind of odd).

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/896149-trolls-holiday-animated-special-coming-in-november#/slide/1

11/24/17

Following its premiere on NBC, DreamWorks Trolls Holiday will be available to own on DVD and digital on November 28 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. DreamWorks Trolls Holiday on DVD and digital comes packed with special bonus features, including episodes from various DreamWorks’ television series. For a limited time only, the DVD also includes an exclusive gift of two DreamWorks Trolls Holiday sticker sheets.

DreamWorks Trolls Holiday also will be available on Netflix beginning Dec. 6.

Alongside the holiday special, DreamWorks/RCA Records will release the soundtrack, titled “Trolls Holiday,” globally on Oct. 27. The seven-track album will feature musical performances from Poppy, Branch and the rest of the cast that appear in the television special.

Continuing the music and dance party into 2018 and beyond, the all-new animated series DreamWorks Trolls: The Beat Goes On will premiere on Jan. 19, 2018, exclusively on Netflix. Picking up where the film left off, the Netflix original series is an all-new chapter in the hair-raising adventures of the Trolls as Poppy, Branch and all of Troll Village keep the party going in their fantastical forest home.

This is not a good day for movies i'm excited about seeing being pushed back.