FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I really don't. I love the first Guardians. And really like several other MCU films that are filled with humor

Same, I also like serious CBMs. Logan was perfection, and will probably be my favorite CBM this year and will likely make my top ten.

• Like 4

And that's why Logan is refreshing it comes along. And it contained and its intimate and human. Its not concerned with any other movie other than Logan. It ain't setting you up for what's down the road its just giving you a good ass movie.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My problem with the MCU has less to do with the humor and more to do with how it all feels repetitive and like nothing new is brought to the table. I enjoy many of the movies on an individual basis but part of the problem is that the films keep feeling less and less individual and just another building block in the franchise that doesn't actually seem to be building to anything

True, while MCU beats DCEU and XCU (excluding Logan), along with every other cinematic universe, they have become samey. However I love them, and their future projects such as Thor: Rangarök, Black Panther and Infinity War seem like they'll break the mold.

Just now, YourMother said:

True, while MCU beats DCEU and XCU (excluding Logan), along with every other cinematic universe, they have become samey. However I love them, and their future projects such as Thor: Rangarök, Black Panther and Infinity War seem like they'll break the mold.

Why do you think they'll break the mold?

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to Spiderman and Ragnarok this year. They feel different enough. Can't muster anything for Guardians. Also looking forward to BP because god Coogler. Infinity War is like this giant looming thing that I want to burn in hell

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Why do you think they'll break the mold?

Rangarök has young god Taiki, Black Panther is the first black superhero movie in a while, and being black really excites me, especially with Coogler steering. Infinity War could be the perfect mix of light and dark, like TWS and CACW.

Rangarök has young god Taiki, Black Panther is the first black superhero movie in a while, and being black really excites me, especially with Coogler steering. Infinity War could be the perfect mix of light and dark, like TWS and CACW.

Those are all potential positives but they don't really address what Ethan was talking about: how Marvel movies are increasingly about fitting into their slot of filling in story after the last one and setting up story for the next one. 

• Like 2

Just now, Telemachos said:

Those are all potential positives but they don't really address what Ethan was talking about: how Marvel movies are increasingly about fitting into their slot of filling in story after the last one and setting up story for the next one. 

I know, it's one of the main flaws of the MCU. I don't think they'll ever break that mold, but I know those films will be memorable, to me at least.

• Like 1

I know, it's one of the main flaws of the MCU. I don't think they'll ever break that mold, but I know those films will be memorable, to me at least.

I might see BLACK PANTHER. Doubtful I'll see THOR 3. Almost certainly won't see IW1 or 2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

It's not like they're consistently making bad films. In fact I enjoy most of them on some level but its becoming increasingly frustrating

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

It's not like they're consistently making bad films. In fact I enjoy most of them on some level but its becoming increasingly frustrating

They aren't bad at all (except Thor 2) all of them are in the range of good but forgettable, great, or just amazing. 5 of them are in my top 10 favorite CBMs, but I do feel the frustration.

57 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Again, 29 out of 732 begs to differ.

667 movies have grossed over $100M as of today in North American BO history. It's no great benchmark anymore. 177 over $200M. Hell, I'm tempted to say that $300M is the real benchmark now.