FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

Your discussions about the MCU are funny.

BOT is basically a Dudebro Gathering that has a weird boner for R Rated films or PG 13 ones with grit and gravitas and serious "adult" stuff.

Any other tone will be declared as fluff and non artistic.

The other comical thing is how everyone here has a Star Wars hard on and how the MCU pretty much follows the Star Wars formula to a T :

fun adventures, escapism with charismatic characters with superpowers and spectacular  VFX heavy set-pieces with an episodic nature.

Asking the MCU to break the Mold is so rich it could be a new definition to irony itself when 95% of BOT made a collective fellatio to

Force Awakens

Rogue One

Movies that had so little new things to add to the table and where afraid to break anything from the Star Wars mold.

I expect BOT to fan over the Last Jedi next December.

Star Wars are kiddie movies made for 12YO by the way, that s how Lucas always saw his own creation.

I for one wish Star Wars would break the mold just a little bit.

But please excuse me, resume on your MCU bashing & condescension.

Logan is the greatest thing since the spit of the atom & Marvel is fluffy stuff for little kiddies that is slowly killing popular entertainment by its lack of creativity & grit & R Ratings.

Or something like that.

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, The Futurist said:

BOT is basically a Dudebro Gathering that has a weird boner for R Rated films or PG 13 ones with grit and gravitas and serious "adult" stuff.

The other comical thing is how everyone here has a Star Wars hard on and how the MCU pretty much follows the Star Wars formula to a T :

fun adventures, escapsim with charismatic characters with superpowers and spectacular  VFX heavy set-pieces with an episodic nature.

Asking the MCU to break the Mold is so rich it could be a new definition to irony itself when 95% of BOT made a collective fellatio to

Force Awakens

Rogue One

Movies that had so little new things to add to the table and where afraid to break anything from the Star Wars mold.

Star Wars are kiddie movies made for 12YO by the way, that s how Lucas always saw his own creation.

I for one wish Star Wars would break the mold a bit.

Logan is the greatest thing since the spit of the atom & Marvel is fluffy stuff for little kiddies that is slowly killing popular entertainment by its lack of creativity & grit & R Ratings.

Or something like that.

But I love the MCU.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

fun adventures, escapsim with charismatic characters with superpowers and spectacular  VFX heavy set-pieces with an episodic nature.

Force Awakens

Rogue One

I for one wish Star Wars would break the mold a bit.

Or something like that.

What the fuck are you talking about?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My problem with the MCU has less to do with the humor and more to do with how it all feels repetitive and like nothing new is brought to the table. I enjoy many of the movies on an individual basis but part of the problem is that the films keep feeling less and less individual and just another building block in the franchise that doesn't actually seem to be building to anything

This. Same problem I have with TWD. I watch it religiously but it isn't building up to anything unlike GoT. There's always some maniac with an army and Rick&co will go up against him, lose some members, gain some, rinse, repeat. MCU built up to The Avengers and now it;s just build up to nothing really. Infinity War same difference. It's just more SH added to the roaster but nothing new. No wonder team-up movies boxoffice went down. It isn't a novelty anymore. Teaming up Iron Man, Cap, Thor, etc for the first time was a novelty but adding more faces to the team is not. 

Edited by Valonqar