FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Something that was funny and helped lighten up the tension was Stewart yelling at Logan that he had to use the bathroom.  Something else was when Stewart stuck his tongue out at Logan.

Those were examples of comedic moments in the film that worked, cause they were actually funny.  I fail to see how the scene where he

Hide contents

beat up his car

was funny.

Plenty of people laughed so apparently it was. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A moment can't be both funny and emotionally devastating?

Those are like complete opposites.  I'm sure some film can combine the both seamlessly, but in this film, I didnt think it was funny in the slightest, and I'm sure that's not what Mangold was going for.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Not a huge fan... B-/C+ range. I thought it was mostly boring. I did like the Hydra montage reveal, that was the only inspired part. 

I do like Chris Evans. I don't really have a huge issue with any of the casting except Bucky -- to me, Sebastian Stan is a giant charisma suck. Maybe that's one reason why I didn't really care for it. 

Sebastian Stan is probably the reason I can't stand Civil War. That and the stupid plot.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Those are like complete opposites.  I'm sure some film can combine the both seamlessly, but in this film, I didnt think it was funny in the slightest, and I'm sure that's not what Mangold was going for.

You're obviously the expert

Just now, That One Guy said:

If a lot of people were laughing, that tells me it is was the film's fault and not the people in the audience. Especially if they were "getting" the movie otherwise. It's a small misstep (among a few others, IMO) in an otherwise very well directed film.

• Like 1

As long as people and studios take away the right lessons from Logan. Sure, seeing all the blood and guts was awesome, but the lesson is that a comic book film has to be rated R to be awesome. But it needs good writing and emotional ties, a good script and great performances are the most important things. 

I mean, minus seeing all the blood, I feel like Logan would have had the same impact on me as a film had it been a hard PG-13.

16 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I'm a huge CBM fan and enjoy both the building block movies and standalone ones like Logan. I seriously don't get the complaint of Marvel movies setting up the next film since isn't that what most sequels do. Having said that it is nice to have a movie like Logan where anyone can come in without seeing the other movies and have an actual ending that doesn't even set up future movies in the credits. 

MCU:

Image result for mcdonalds happy meal'

• Like 1

Moderation: 

Guys, I've asked a couple times now and we've been lenient, but you've got to stop posting scene specifics or moments from the movie without using spoiler tags. 

Otherwise we'll start hanging out weekend bans and no one wants that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

If a lot of people were laughing, that tells me it is was the film's fault and not the people in the audience. Especially if they were "getting" the movie otherwise. It's a small misstep (among a few others, IMO) in an otherwise very well directed film.

^ This.

It's a real stretch to say people are terrible and lose faith in society just because they laughed at it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Generally I'm lenient on what qualifies as a spoiler, so yeah.  but i spoiler tagged it now JIC.

Technically speaking, it doesn't matter what you think qualifies as a spoiler, it matters what the staff decides. ;) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

As long as people and studios take away the right lessons from Logan. Sure, seeing all the blood and guts was awesome, but the lesson is that a comic book film has to be rated R to be awesome. But it needs good writing and emotional ties, a good script and great performances are the most important things. 

I mean, minus seeing all the blood, I feel like Logan would have had the same impact on me as a film had it been a hard PG-13.

Yeah. It's not great because its gory or has excessive swearing (though I must say I do love my f-bomb) its great because it takes the time to build the characters and their relationships into something special

• Like 1