FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

I never met her. She's several years ahead of me.

But she went there. And that's a fun fact.

So what is the point of telling this if you didn't bang her?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Studios underestimate movies because then they get a "wow, it's even bigger than we thought!" moment and a lot more press coverage than they would have if they'd correctly said the numbers. Like when Disney "underestimated" TFA opening weekend and it ended up breaking the worldwide record when actuals came in.

I think that they tend to do that when it comes to their forecasts before the movie opens. Low-ball a movie and then claim that it has exceeded your expectations (Wall Street does this all the time) But overshooting your weekend BO by a couple of million won't change perceptions that much IMO. But in this case, you are probably right. Get Out has already annihilated expectations, hence some extra hype can be generated by publishing numbers that are impressive even when understated. But with weekend estimates, the studios usually overestimate their numbers.  

i can one up that! one of the teachers at my school was in a band with mick hucknell before simply red. i know, i know. i went all those years w/out asking for an autograph. i'm not as wowed by star power as others might be.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So what is the point of telling this if you didn't bang her?

Telling us how much cooler he is than we are. Pfft, like I give a rat's ass about that! Local "celebrity" Paco Bandeira... was aware of my school! Uhh.... a reality-show douchebag came to visit!!!

:sadben:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Telling us how much cooler he is than we are. Pfft, like I give a rat's ass about that! Local "celebrity" Paco Bandeira... was aware of my school! Uhh.... a reality-show douchebag came to visit!!!

:sadben:

You mean a legend from Secret Story and/or Love on Top? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You mean a legend from Secret Story and/or Love on Top? :ph34r:

Marco from whatever Secret Story season he showed up on. Likes-digging chicks and even dudebros were sucking on his fake arms. Punk ass.

No I'm totally not jealous of the fact that some lowlife asshole gets to be a celebrity and I, a comparatively creative, polite, educated, well-spoken and talented person, don't. I'M NOT AT ALL, LEAVE ME ALONE. :sadben:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Marco from whatever Secret Story season he showed up on. Likes-digging chicks and even dudebros were sucking on his fake arms. Punk ass.

No I'm totally not jealous of the fact that some lowlife asshole gets to be a celebrity and I, a comparatively creative, polite, educated, well-spoken and talented person, don't. I'M NOT AT ALL, LEAVE ME ALONE. :sadben:

Lets not forget is married to Vanessa Martins.

Spoiler

21fe00224415e7f9e970d235226a7a9e.jpg

• Like 4

$88M  :jeb!:

Well deserved.   LOGAN is top 3 in the genre to me.  Amazingly well acted.  I wish maybe in the future of CBM we can get back to  "less is more".  I don't need to see dudes saving all of humanity.  Let's get back to character studies and small scale stories and shit, I'd appreciate more grounded pictures.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, vc2002 said:

GO got underestimated by 3M las wknd. Logan will make 88.3m going with that. Sounds legit.

Called it yesterday. Logan  $88,411,916   

And that GO hold  $28,236,285     -15.4%

:bourne::bourne::bourne:

• Like 1