franfar

The Post | Ensemble Cast with Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep | Spielberg | Pentagon Papers Film....Dec 22 2017 | Trailer on p.11

Just now, That One Guy said:

This doesn't count as a crowd reaction but someone yelled at someone else to "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" during The Mountain Between Us.

That other person coughed exactly once.

Bravo.

I never shared this but I had to tell a group of teens/20 somethings to shut the fuck up at Thor IN IMAX the other week. They listened and shut the hell up, but my dad was pissed at me for telling them to be quiet :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This doesn't count as a crowd reaction but someone yelled at someone else to "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" during The Mountain Between Us.

That other person coughed exactly once.

Meanwhile, me and the two friends I saw Thor: Ragnarok with sat silently while we were trapped between two families letting their toddlers run wild in the rows at a 10:55pm showing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, The Panda said:

Meanwhile, me and the two friends I saw Thor: Ragnarok with sat silently while we were trapped between two families letting their toddlers run wild in the rows at a 10:55pm showing

There was a screaming baby at my showing of Wonder a few days ago.  Luckily the parent was responsible and took them out of the theater but the baby started crying at a really emotional moment and it kind of killed the mood.

• Like 2

I'm not sure anything is ever gonna beat when I saw mother! and this one guy got up with his girlfriend following...the movie's most controversial scene...and yelled "let's get out of here, this is fucking ridiculous!" while storming out of the theater and everyone laughed at his reaction. One of the few times where I felt like I was watching a movie in a really hostile environment, albeit for not completely unfounded reasons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I saw the Winter Soldier, I ended up between my friend and some random guy.  Throughout the movie he'd turn and make comments (I assume to either me or this other couple that clearly weren't with him) about the history of the characters in the comics, or pointing out any reference, or during the end cutscene he said "That's Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, they are blah blah blah".

Maybe the reason why I didn't like Winter Soldier didn't have anything to do with the movie itself...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

When I saw the Winter Soldier, I ended up between my friend and some random guy.  Throughout the movie he'd turn and make comments (I assume to either me or this other couple that clearly weren't with him) about the history of the characters in the comics, or pointing out any reference, or during the end cutscene he said "That's Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, they are blah blah blah".

Maybe the reason why I didn't like Winter Soldier didn't have anything to do with the movie itself...

Those people are the worst. The group I hushed at Thor was kind of like that, but they were just stating some really obvious shit like "OH, IT'S DOCTOR STRANGE!!!" The guy next to me at Rogue One was basically this video in whispers:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Those people are the worst. The group I hushed at Thor was kind of like that, but they were just stating some really obvious shit like "OH, IT'S DOCTOR STRANGE!!!" The guy next to me at Rogue One was basically this video in whispers:

I can deal with people making quick comments to themselves.  This guy was literally giving me nerd lectures about the comics, and I just tried to pretend like I wasn't hearing anything he was saying.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Panda said:

I can deal with people making quick comments to themselves.  This guy was literally giving me nerd lectures about the comics, and I just tried to pretend like I wasn't hearing anything he was saying.

HEY DID YOU KNOW THE WINTER SOLDIER WAS FIRST INTRODUCED IN ISSUE #528 OF THE ORIGINAL MARVEL AVENGERS SERIES AND ONLY BECAME A MAJOR CHARACTER IN CAPTAIN AMERICA #1,405?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

This movie is fantastic.  

16 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

It is among his best.  

I can't wait to see it, amazing how Spielberg can go from a VFX heavy film like Ready Player One which is still in post production and take a few months to shoot a film like The Post. Is it similar in length to say Bridge of Spies or Munich?

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

He shot Munich over the summer as well and had it released at the end of the year too if I remember correctly.

Eastwood is the same, Gran Torino was shot, edited and released within six months

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think i saw like a 110 minute runtime being thrown around from critics who were at screenings. from the dude who thought even the bfg needed to be a 2 hour movie that would be a minor miracle.

That including credits or without credits? 110 minutes would be a good length and The BFG didn't feel long IMO 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People talking in offices for 2 hours and a half about the ethics of journalism & politics.

Riveting.

Plus, it looks absolutely fucking epic, all those different chairs and tables.

Those crane shots.

:o

take a shot every time Futurist comes into this thread to make a “witty” remark about it

• Like 2