kayumanggi

BLOODSHOT | March 13, 2020 | Sony | Coming to VOD March 24

I'm guessing we'll get a teaser in November. It seems common for films that aren't based on huge IP's or have big names attached (like Nolan as director, for instance) to get a first trailer around 3 months before release.

Why do they keep releasing everything about this movie at like 1 AM lol it looks better than the confidence they seem to have in it!

Also, my first thought was legitimately "Well, it looks loads better than Hurricane Heist, look at my boy moving on up there."

A lesson to distributors: always, always, always present your film in a way that shows you care about it. We've seen countless times how exemplary genre films have floundered at the hands of substandard marketing--Crawl is the best example I can think of. The attitude you bring to the marketing can affect how excited the audience is for the film.

This well-cut trailer will very likely play in front of action films such as Terminator: Dark Fate and Sony's own upcoming action film Charlie's Angels. I haven't watched the trailer yet, but it sounds like people will be willing to consider seeing this in theaters. I'm currently hoping this does well, and that Sony amps up their confidence level based on what may become positive early reception!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TMP said:

Trailer looked good. The setting, tone and visuals all felt right for this character....except, the pale white skin is missing. 

I'm going to assume they will have that in the film at some point and have an in-story reason for why he looks peachy skin tone. 

Yes, there is an answer in the comics they can use and perhaps to keep cost down have gone that route for f/x purposes on the bulk of the film.