kayumanggi

THE MUMMY | 329.0 M overseas ● 409.2 M worldwide

The Mummy grossed $3.9m from 47 territories this weekend, which raises the international total to $317.4m. The ‘Dark Universe’ title stands at $397.1m worldwide, with $79.7m coming from North America.

Japan, the film’s final release, generated $3.5m. The total exceeds that of Tom Cruise’s Edge Of Tomorrow, Oblivionand Jack Reacher.

China remains the top market on $91.5m, South Korea stands at $27.6m, Russia $16.9m, Brazil $14.2m, Mexico $13m, and $11.3m in the UK.

Screen Daily

Edited by Catty
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Decent. Considering all Mummy films are in the 400-435m territory, this will end up doing the same. 

This ignores inflation which is a very significant factor of course.

Regardless, this is a solid WW performance and I believe Tom Cruise is the reason this film grossed as much as it did. 

This could have been a really big hit - $550m+ WW including $150mm DOM. 

They should have made a better movie. Seems like a case of putting the elements together before the script/story and it just didn't work out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moviedweeb said:

This ignores inflation which is a very significant factor of course.

Regardless, this is a solid WW performance and I believe Tom Cruise is the reason this film grossed as much as it did. 

This could have been a really big hit - $550m+ WW including $150mm DOM. 

They should have made a better movie. Seems like a case of putting the elements together before the script/story and it just didn't work out. 

I definitely suspect they had a basic outline outline for the movie and a simple script and decided to write the movie as they film as they do with many Cruise movies but Kurtzman couldn't handle that.

2 hours ago, Finnick said:

THE MUMMY FINALLY CROSSED $400M WW, thanks to Japan,

I hope it is enough to keep this universe alive!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $79,937,595    19.9%
Foreign:  $322,200,000    80.1%

Worldwide:  $402,137,595  

I hope as well.

This is very good for the Univerese as it implies that the foreigners will support it.

3 hours ago, Finnick said:

THE MUMMY FINALLY CROSSED $400M WW, thanks to Japan,

I hope it is enough to keep this universe alive!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $79,937,595    19.9%
Foreign:  $322,200,000    80.1%

Worldwide:  $402,137,595  

Its enough. But don't hold your breath on a sequel

54 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Its enough. But don't hold your breath on a sequel

I guess I'm confused about this series - I never expected a sequel - I just figured the characters would interact in all the new movies they announced.

• Like 2

Agreed that it had a potential to do more but that doesn't mean 400m is bad. I mean it did more than Captain America, Star Trek, Pacific Rim, Prometheus and all those films got sequels. That said I don't think Cruise wanted a sequel anyway, regardless the gross. He's happy to do MI6, Top Gun and LDR sequels, so no time frame for a Mummy sequel anyway. He might pop up in future TDU films as a cameo.

Edited by The Dark Alfred