chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

42 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm looking forward to everyone seeing how bad I really am at predicting these things.

Just do the opposite of whatever Tele does and you'll finish top 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Image result for the dude fuck it gif

I'm done altering my preseason and I'll keep Week 0 for once. My top 15:

I went with that plan last summer and stuck with it. Tried to go with that plan over the winter, and failed to stick with it. I'd like to stick with that plan this time, too, and it hardly seems like it'd be physically possible to adjust those scores more than I have, but you never know until next Thursday rolls around.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I have Valerian in my top 15.  Ride or die

So do I. And Dark Tower. At least, at the moment.

I mean, SOMETHING has to go in those 14-15 spots, right? And no matter what I do I'm probably going to get them wrong, so I may as well pick movies that are plausible and I'm hoping (if not super confidently) that they'll do well.

Edited by Wrath

41 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

So am I the only one with all the animations in my top 15. 

(Well technically there is also Nut Job 2 but, well it goes without saying.)

I don't think Emoji crosses 90m by end of game otherwise I would have it. Although I may swap it out for Dark Tower. 

• Like 1

I feel confident in my Top 14, but 15 was between a "few" films: 

The House

All Eyez on Me

Rough Night

Girls Trip

Detroit

Dark Tower

Valerian

I went with The House because of Will Ferrell; the guy is a consistent comedy draw at the box office. 

• Like 1

The House and Snatched are both wild cards.  It's hard to predict which comedies during the summer will break out in advance, critical reception and WoM make or break them.

I also want to go lower with Homecoming but there's a chance it breaks out where I'd be in the red by going any lower.

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - 400m
2) Wonder Woman - 315m

3) Despicable Me 3 - 285m
4) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 250m
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 231.2m

6) Dunkirk - 227.8m
7) Cars 3 - 202m
8) War of the Planet of the Apes - 170m
9) Transformers: The Last Knight - 165m
10) Baywatch - 144.2m

11) The Mummy - 128.3m
12) The House - 114.8m
13) Captain Underpants - 112m

14) Alien: Covenant - 110.4m
15) Snatched - 85.4m

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

Whew. Submitted.

I considered doing this heavily researched and cross-checked system to make sure all my predictions were just right, but after a little while of doing that I got bored and just kinda guessed. Same with my thought of checking to see what everyone else had predicted. So I have no idea how close I hew to the common consensus.

I may end up adjusting things and nuking my week 0 (can we please, please, please get it scored before next Thursday?) but I know i'll probably be lazy and not bother. Last year that saved me because in the final week everyone went gaga over CACW. Let's see if that happens for GotG2.

Good thing I can wait a week before looking at the SotM and that... other thing I don't yet understand.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Well I forgot week 0 already so I guess I have a week to tinker. 

That's the time-saving approach.

If you don't do Week 0, you don't have to agonize over whether to adjust your predicts!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrath said:

That's the time-saving approach.

If you don't do Week 0, you don't have to agonize over whether to adjust your predicts!

Yeah, I have been debating for the last 24 hours about pulling Dark Tower and I probably will.

• Like 1

Keeping my preseasons just the way they are.....go with my gut instead of being influenced by all the white noise out there.

Mummy ain't making the top 15.

Girls Night Out is.

• Like 1