chasmmi

Summer Game Preseason Prediction Thread - Please post your predictions here

Post predictions here, using this template for a 20k bonus starting score :)

TOP 15 ETC PREDICTION TEMPLATE

Below is a helpful template to use for making predictions. All Players who use this template for their predictions will receive 10,000 bonus points for making my life easier when I have to score everything at the end of the game.

A: Domestic top 15:

1) 
2) 
3) 
4) 
5)

6) 
7) 
8) 
9) 
10) 

11) 
12) 
13) 
14) 
15)

B: Top 7 Domestic OW:

1) 
2) 
3) 
4) 
5)

6) 
7) 

C: Worldwide top 10:

1) 
2) 
3) 
4) 
5)

6) 
7) 
8) 
9) 
10)

D: China:

1) 
2) 
3) 
4) 
5)

6) 
7)

E: No More Heroes:

South Korea

Russia

Brazil

Mexico

Australia

Italy

F: Total Grosses:

Top 15 Dom)

Top 7 W/E) 

Top 10 WW)

RFQ1: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones domestically by the end of the game:

A: 100M

B: 200M

C: 300M

D: 400M

E: 500M

RFQ2: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones Worldwide by the end of the game:

A: $1.5B

B: $1B

C: 800M

D: 600M

E: 400M

RFQ3: Predict the top grossing film of each month:

A: April (28th releases only)

B: May

C: June

D: July

E: August

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2
4) Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Something Something Blah Blah Blah

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game?

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide?

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic?

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?)

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)?

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) 

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3?

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China?

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?)

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer?

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic?

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer?

JJ8's 14

Q1) Comic Book Adaptions Domestic vs International Grosses (4 films, 8 grosses - positions only) (5k Correct, -3k incorrect)

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)?

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)?

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)?

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)?

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)?

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross?

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer?

Q10) Will a Comic Book Adaption be the #1 film overall (and it must be released during the game) in ANY of the following markets

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ?

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)?

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically?

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance?

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ?

DO NOT ALTER THE TEMPLATE! JUST ADD IN YOUR ANSWERS AS REQUIRED. FOLLOWING THIS ONE SIMPLE INSTRUCTION WILL LAND YOU 20,000 BONUS POINTS :)

Below is a helpful template to use for making predictions. All Players who use this template for their predictions will receive 10,000 bonus points for making my life easier when I have to score everything at the end of the game.

1) Guardians of the galaxy $425M
2) Wonder Woman $315M
3) Despicable Me 3 $307M
4) Spiderman Homecoming  $288M
5) Transformers: The Last Knight  $245M

6) War for the Planet of the Apes $237M
7) Cars 3  $215M
8) Pirates 5  $178M
9) Baywatch $165M
10)  The Mummy $153M

11) Alien Covenant $146M
12) Captain Underpants $132M
13) Dunkirk $128M
14) Emoji Movie $117M
15) Snatched $104M

1) Guardians 2 $172M
2) Wonder Woman $125M
3) Spiderman $107M
4) Transformers $88M
5) Despicable Me $74.5M

6) War for the Planet of the Apes $68.5M
7) Pirates $64M

1) Guardians $1.07B
2) Transformers  $912M
3) Wonder Woman $885M
4) Despicable Me $845M
5) Spiderman  $837M

6) Cars 3 $775M
7) War for Planet of apes  $725M
8) Pirates 5 $705M
9) Mummy $560M
10) Dunkirk $432M

1) Transformers $155M
2) Spiderman  $125M
3) Guardians  $120M
4) Wonder Woman  $105m
5) Mummy  $95M

6) Pirates $90
7) Apes $87

South Korea  Dunkirk

Russia   Transformers

Brazil   Transformers

Mexico  Transformers 

Australia  Despicable Me 3   

Italy  Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom)   $3.19B

Top 7 W/E) $675M

Top 10 WW)  $7.35M

RFQ1: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones domestically by the end of the game:

A: 100M  Snatched

B: 200M  Cars

C: 300M  Spiderman

D: 400M Guardians

E: 500M  Guardians

RFQ2: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones Worldwide by the end of the game:

A: $1.5B  Guardians

B: $1B  Transformers

C: 800M Spiderman

D: 600M  Mummy  

E: 400M   Dunkirk

A: April (28th releases only)  Circle

B: May   Guardians

C: June  Wonder Woman

D: July  Spiderman

E: August  Hitman's Bodyguard

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant  
3) The Mummy  

4) Dunkirk

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game?

YES

NO

NO

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?)

YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)?

ABSTAIN

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) 

ABSTAIN

YES

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?

NO

YES

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?)

NO

YES

NO

YES

JJ8's 14

Q1) Comic Book Adaptions Domestic vs International Grosses (4 films, 8 grosses - positions only) (5k Correct, -3k incorrect)

1) GUARDIANS INT

2) SPIDERMAN INT

3) WONDER INT 

4) GUARDIANS DOM

5)  WONDER DOM

6)  SPIDERMAN DOM

7)  VALERIAN INT

8) VALERIAN DOM

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)?  NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)?  5TH

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?  YES

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)?  YES

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)?  YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)?  NO

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross?  YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer?  YES

Q10) Will a Comic Book Adaption be the #1 film overall (and it must be released during the game) in ANY of the following markets

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? YES

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)?  YES

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically?  YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance?NO

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ?  YES

DO NOT ALTER THE TEMPLATE! JUST ADD IN YOUR ANSWERS AS REQUIRED. FOLLOWING THIS ONE SIMPLE INSTRUCTION WILL LAND YOU 20,000 BONUS POINTS :)

• Like 1

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: 350M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming: 340M
3) Despicable Me 3: 320M
4) 
Wonder Woman: 280M

5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 260M

6) Dunkirk: 230M
7) The Mummy: 220M

8) Cars 3: 210M
9) War For the Planet of the Apes: 170M
10) 
Alien Covenant: 160M

11) Transformers: The Last Knight: 150M
12) Baywatch: 135M
13) Captain Underpants: 125M
14) The House: 80M
15) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: 75M

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: 140M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming: 130M
3) Despicable Me 3: 105M
4) 
Wonder Woman: 100M
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 90M

6) The Mummy: 70M
7) War For the Planet of the Apes: 65M

1) Despicable Me 3: 1.05B
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming: 1B 

3) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 950M
4) 
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: 900M
5) Transformers: The Last Knight: 900M

6) Wonder Woman: 850M

7) War For the Planet of the Apes: 750M 
8) The Mummy: 650M
9) Cars 3: 600M
10) Dunkirk: 580M

1) Transformers: The Last Knight: 350M
2) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 300M
3) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: 220M
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming: 200M
5) The Mummy: 150M

6) Dunkirk: 100M
7) Wonder Woman: 90M

South Korea Despicable Me 3

Russia Despicable Me 3

Brazil Despicable Me 3

Mexico Despicable Me 3

Australia Despicable Me 3 

Italy Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) 2.88B

Top 7 W/E) 800M

Top 10 WW) 8.23B

A: 100M The House

B: 200M Cars 3

C: 300M Wonder Woman

D: 400M Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

E: 500M Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

A: $1.5B Despicable Me 3

B: $1B Spider-Man: Homecoming

C: 800M Wonder Woman

D: 600M Cars 3

E: 400M Alien: Covenant

A: April (28th releases only) How to be a Latin Lover

B: May Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

C: June Despicable Me 3

D: July Spider-Man: Homecoming

E: August Detroit

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? Yes

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? No

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? Abstain

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) Yes

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? Yes

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) Abstain

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? No

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? No

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? Yes

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) No

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? Abstain

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? No

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? Abstain

JAJANGS 15

1) Spider-Man: Homecoming International

2) Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 International

3) Wonder Woman International

4) Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 Domestic

5) Spider-Man: Homecoming Domestic

6) Wonder Woman Domestic

7) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets International

8) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Domestic

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? No

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? Yes

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? Yes

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? Yes

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? Yes

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? Yes

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? Yes

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? Yes

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? No

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? Yes

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? No

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? Yes

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - 400m
2) Wonder Woman - 315m

3) Despicable Me 3 - 285m
4) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 250m
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 231.2m

6) Dunkirk - 227.8m
7) Cars 3 - 202m
8) War of the Planet of the Apes - 170m
9) Transformers: The Last Knight - 165m
10) Baywatch - 144.2m

11) The Mummy - 128.3m
12) The House - 114.8m
13) Captain Underpants - 112m

14) Alien: Covenant - 110.4m
15) Snatched - 85.4m

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - 150m
2) Wonder Woman - 135m
3) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 105m

4) Despicable Me 3 - 95m
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 90m

6) Transformers: The Last Knight - 70m
7) Dunkirk - 67m

1) Despicable Me 3 - 1.038B
2) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - 1.026B
3) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 1.008B
4) Transformers: The Last Knight - 968m
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 822.4m

6) Wonder Woman - 727.6m
7) Cars 3 - 629.7m
8) War of the Planet of the Apes - 619.7m
9) Dunkirk - 577.9m
10) The Mummy - 433m

1) Transformers: The Last Knight - 280m
2) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 170m
3) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 -145m
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 120m
5) War of the Planet of the Apes - 115m

6) Cars 3 - 90m
7) Wonder Woman - 80m

South Korea - Transformers: The Last Knight

Russia - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Brazil - Despicable Me 3

Mexico - Despicable Me 3

Australia - Despicable Me 3

Italy - Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) 2751.2m

Top 7 W/E) 707m

Top 10 WW) 7850.3m

A: 100M The House

B: 200M Cars 3

C: 300M Despicable Me 3

D: 400M Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

E: 500M Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

A: $1.5B Despicable Me 3

B: $1B Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

C: 800M Spider-Man: Homecoming

D: 600M War of the Planet of the Apes

E: 400M The Mummy

A: April (28th releases only) The Circle

B: May Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

C: June Wonder Woman

D: July Spider-Man Homecoming

E: August The Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? NO

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? No

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? No

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)?  NO

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now)  No

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?  No

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) No

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer?  Yes

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? No

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? No

JAJANGS 15

1) Spider-Man: Homecoming International

2) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 International

3) Wonder Woman International

4) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Domestic

5) Wonder Woman Domestic

6) Spider-Man Homecoming Domestic

7) Valerian City of a Thousand Planets International

8) Valerian City of a Thousand Planets Domestic

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 4th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? YES

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? NO

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? NO

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? YES

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? YES

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? YES

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? NO

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? YES

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 400M
2) Spider-Man Homecoming - 335M
3) Despicable Me 3 - 320M
4) Wonder Woman - 300M
5) The Mummy - 230M

6) Dunkirk - 215M
7) War for the Planet of the Apes - 210M
8) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 205M
9) Cars 3 - 195M
10) Transformers: The Last Knight - 190M

11) Baywatch - 150M

12) The House - 145M
13) Captain Underpants - 125M
14)  Alien: Covnenat - 120M
15) Valerian - 115M

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 160M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 130M
3) Wonder Woman - 120M
4) The Mummy - 95M
5) Despicable Me 3 - 94M

6) War for the Planet of the Apes - 85M
7) Transformers: The Last Knight - 82M

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 1.15B
2) Transformers: The Last Knight - 1.1B
3) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 990M
4) Despicable Me 3 - 970M
5) Spider-Man Homecoming - 830M

6) Wonder Woman - 770M
7) War for the Planet of the Apes - 710M
8) The Mummy - 690M
9) Cars 3 - 600M
10) Dunkirk - 550M

1) Transformers: The Last Knight - 325M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 120M
3) War for the Planet of the Apes - 115M
4) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 110M
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 100M

6) Wonder Woman - 85M
7) The Mummy - 75M

South Korea - Transformers: The Last Knight

Brazil - Despicable Me 3

Mexico - Despicable Me 3

Italy - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Top 15 Dom) 3.181B

Top 7 W/E) 761M

Top 10 WW) 8.36B

A: 100M - Baywatch

B: 200M - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

C: 300M - Wonder Woman

D: 400M - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

E: 500M - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

A: $1.5B - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

B: $1B - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

C: 800M - Spider-Man: Homecoming

D: 600M - Cars 3

E: 400M - Alien: Covenant

A: April (28th releases only) - The Circle

B: May - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

C: June - Despicable Me 3

D: July - Spider-Man: Homecoming

E: August - Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? Yes

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? No

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? Yes

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?).  Yes

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)?  Yes

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now).  No.

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3?  No.

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?  No.

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China?  No.

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?).  No.  

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? Yes.

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic?  No.

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer?  No.

JAJANGS 15

1)   Abstain

2)   No

3)  5th

4)  Yes

5)   Yes

6)    Yes

7)    No

8)    Yes  

9)   Yes

10) Yes

11)  No

12)  Yes

13) No

14) Yes

Edited by That One Guy

A: Domestic Top 15:

1 Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 405M

2 Despicable Me 3 - 350M

3 Wonder Woman - 300M

4 Spiderman: Homecoming - 275M

5 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 210M

7 War for the Planet of the Apes - 185M

7 Transformers: The Last Knight - 180M

8 Cars 3 - 165M

9 Dunkirk - 155M

10 The Mummy - 130M

11 Alien: Covenant - 110M

12 Captain Underpants - 105M

13 Baywatch - 100M

14 The House - 90M

15 Dark Tower - 85M

Baywatch, King Arthur

Cars 3, Alien: Covenant, Pirates 5, The Mummy, Captain Underpants, The House

Planet of the apes 3, Dunkirk, Dark Tower, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Emoji Movie, Annabelle 2

All Eyez on Me

B: Top 7 Weekend Openings

1 Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 148M

2 Wonder Woman - 120M

3 Despicable Me 3 - 110M

4 Spider-Man: Homecoming - 105M

5 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 80M

6 Transformers: The Last Knight - 75M

7 War for the Planet of the Apes - 68M

C: Top 10 Worldwide

1 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 1.1B

2 Transformers: The Last Knight - 1.05B

3 Despicable Me 3 - 1B

4 Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 880M

5 Spider-Man: Homecoming - 775M

6 Wonder Woman - 650M

7 War for the Planet of the Apes - 600M

8 Cars 3 - 500M

9 The Mummy - 475M

10 Dunkirk- 425M

1) Transformers 5 - 400M

2) Pirates 5 - 190M

3) Guardians 2 - 160M

4) War For the Planet of the Apes - 150M

5) The Mummy - 130M

6) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 110M

7) Dunkirk - 105M

South Korea: Transformers 5

Russia: Pirates 5

Brazil: Despicable Me 3

Mexico: Despicable Me 3

Australia: Despicable Me 3

Italy: Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) 2.9B

Top 7 W/E) 713M

Top 10 WW) 7.43B

RFQ1: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones domestically by the end of the game:

A: 100M Baywatch

B: 200M Pirates 5

D: 400M Guardians of the Galaxy 2

E: 500M Guardians of the Galaxy 2

RFQ2: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones Worldwide by the end of the game:

A: $1.5B PoTC5

B: $1B Despicable Me 3

C: 800M Spider-Man: Homecoming

D: 600M War for the Planet of the Apes

E: 400M Dunkirk

RFQ3: Predict the top grossing film of each month:

A: April (28th releases only) How to be a Latin Lover

B: May Guardians of the Galaxy 2

C: June Despicable Me 3

D: July Spider-Man: Homecoming

E: August Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) King Arthur

2) Alien Covenant

3) The Mummy

4) Dunkirk

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) Snatched

2) The House

3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? ABSTAIN

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? ABSTAIN

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? ABSTAIN

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) YES (Logan, Kong, Beast and Baby)

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? ABSTAIN

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) ABSTAIN

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? NO

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? YES

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? ABSTAIN

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? ABSTAIN

JJ8's 14

1) Spider-Man: Homecoming INTERNATIONAL

2) Guardians 2 INTERNATIONAL

3) Wonder Woman INTERNATIONAL

4) Guardians 2 DOMESTIC

5) Wonder Woman DOMESTIC

6) Spider-Man DOMESTIC

7) Valerian INTERNATIONAL

8) Valerian DOMESTIC

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? NO (Guardians #1)

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 5

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? YES

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? YES

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? NO

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? NO

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? NO

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? NO

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? YES

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? YES T5

Edited by Exxdee

1) GOTG: Volume 2 - $340m
2) Despicable Me 3 - $330m
3) Spider Man: Homecoming - $285m
4) Wonder Woman - $275m
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $220m

6) Cars 3 - $205m
7) War of the Planet of the Apes - $190m
8) Transformers: The Last Knight - $185m
9) Dunkirk - $150m
10) The Mummy - $135m

11) Baywatch - $120m
12) Alien: Covenant - $110m
13) Captain Underpants - $100m
14) The Dark Tower - $90m
15) All Eyez On Me - $80m

1) GOTG: Volume 2 - $130m
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - $110m
3) Wonder Woman - $105m
4) Despicable Me 3 - $95m
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $75m

6) Transformers: The Last Knight - $70m
7) War of the Planet of the Apes - $65m

1) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $1.07b
2) Despicable Me 3 - $1.05b
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming - $950m
4) Transformers: The Last Knight - $940m
5) GOTG: Volume 2 - $840m

6) Wonder Woman - $775m
7) Cars 3 - $650m
8) War for the Planet of the Apes - $620m
9) The Mummy - $500m
10) Dunkirk - $480m

1) Transformers: The Last Knight - $350m
2) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $250m
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming - $170m
4) GOTG: Volume 2 - $135m
5) War for the Planet of the Apes - $115m

6) The Mummy - $90m
7) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - $85m

South Korea - Transformers: The Last Knight

Brazil - Despicable Me 3

Mexico - Despicable Me 3

Australia - Despicable Me 3

Italy - Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) $2.825B

Top 7 W/E) $650M

Top 10 WW) $7.85B

A: 100M CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS

B: 200M CARS 2

C: 300M SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

D: 400M GOTG: VOLUME 2

E: 500M GOTG: VOLUME 2

A: $1.5B PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

B: $1B DESPICABLE ME 3

C: 800M WONDER WOMAN

D: 600M WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

E: 400M VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS

A: April (28th releases only) THE CIRCLE

B: May GOTG: VOLUME 2

C: June DESPICABLE ME 3

D: July SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

E: August THE DARK TOWER

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? NO

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? NO

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? NO

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? NO

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now)  NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? NO

10) Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? NO

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? NO

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? NO

JJ8's 14

1) SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (OS)

2) GOTG: VOLUME 2 (OS)

3) WONDER WOMAN (OS)

4) GOTG: VOLUME 2 (DOM)

5) VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS (OS)

6) SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (DOM)

7) WONDER WOMAN (DOM)

8) VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS (DOM)

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6TH

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? YES

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? YES

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? NO

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? NO

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? NO

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? NO

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? YES

• Like 2

1) GotG 2 342M
2) Despicable Me 3 314M
3) Spider-Man 288M 
4) Wonder Woman 232M
5) Pirates of the Caribbean 197M

6) Cars 3 193M
7) Transformers 191M
8) Planet of the Apes 184M
9) Dunkirk 163M
10) Mummy 145M

11) Baywatch 120M
12) Alien: Covenant 102M
13) Captain Underpants 90M
14) Dark Tower 89M
15) Valerian 81M

1) GotG 2 144M
2) Spider-Man 115M
3) Wonder Woman 89M
4) Despicable Me 3 81M
5) Transformers 80M

6) Pirates of the Caribbean 77M
7) Planet of the Apes 65.5M

1) GotG 2 1.1B
2) Despicable Me 3 1.08B
3) Transformers 1B
4) Pirates of the Caribbean 945M 
5) Spider-Man 880M

6) Planet of the Apes 795M
7) Wonder Woman 700M
8) Cars 3 520M
9) Dunkirk 455M
10) Valerian 430M

1) Transformers 290M
2) Pirates of the Caribbean 145M 
3) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 135M
4) Despicable Me 3 130M
5) Spider-Man 115M

6) Wonder Woman 90M
7) Planet of the Apes 80M

South Korea Transformers

Russia Pirates of the Caribbean

Brazil Pirates of the Caribbean

Mexico Despicable Me 3

Italy Pirates of the Caribbean

Top 15 Dom) 2.8B

Top 7 W/E) 671.5M

Top 10 WW) 7.84B

A: 100M Alien: Covenant

B: 200M Pirates of the Caribbean

C: 300M Despicable Me 3

D: 400M GotG 2

E: 500M GotG 2

A: $1.5B GotG 2

B: $1B Transformers

C: 800M Planet of the Apes

D: 600M Cars 3

E: 400M Valerian

A: April (28th releases only) Latin Lover

C: June Despicable Me

D: July Spider-Man

E: August Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically: *Dunkirk*

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically: *Diary of a Wimpy Kid*

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? *Abstain*

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? *Abstain*

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? *No*

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) *Yes*

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)?  *Abstain*

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) *Abstain*

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? *Abstain*

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? *NO*

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? *Abstain*

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) *No*

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? *Abstain*

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? *No*

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? *Abstain*

JJ8's 14

Q1) Comic Book Adaptions Domestic vs International Grosses (4 films, 8 grosses - positions only) (5k Correct, -3k incorrect) *Abstain*

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? *No*

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? *Abstain*

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? *Abstain*

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? *Yes*

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? *Abstain*

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? *No*

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? *Yes*

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? *Abstain*

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? *Abstain*

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? *Yes*

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? *Abstain*

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? *Abstain*

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? *Yes*

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

1)  Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 – 405M
2)  Spider-Man Homecoming – 350M
3)  Despicable Me 3 – 340M
4)  Wonder Woman – 335M
5) War for the Planet of the Apes – 240M

6)  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – 220M
7)  Cars 3 – 200M
8)  Transformers: The Last Knight – 180M
9)  Dunkirk – 160M
10)  Alien Covenant – 140M

11)  The Mummy – 130M
12)  Baywatch – 120M
13)  The House – 85M
14)  Atomic Blonde – 80M
15) Baby Driver – 75M

1)  Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 – 155M
2)  Spider-Man Homecoming – 140M
3)  Wonder Woman – 135M
4)  Despicable Me 3 – 95M
5) War for the Planet of the Apes – 85M

6)  Transformers: The Last Knight – 82.5M
7)  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – 80M

1)  Despicable Me 3 – 1.05B

2)  Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 – 950M
3)  Spider-Man Homecoming – 900M
4)  Wonder Woman – 875M
5) Transformers: The Last Knight – 850M

6)  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – 825M
7)  War for the Planet of the Apes – 790M
8)  Cars 3 – 600M
9)  Dunkirk – 535M
10) Alien Covenant – 470M

1)  Transformers: The Last Knight – 295M
2)  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – 235M

3)  Spider-Man Homecoming – 140M

4) War for the Planet of the Apes – 130M
5)  Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 – 120M

6)  Wonder Woman – 100M
7) Despicable Me 3 – 75M

South Korea – Despicable Me 3

Russia Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Brazil – Despicable Me 3

Mexico – Despicable Me 3

Australia – Despicable Me 3

Italy – Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) 3055M

Top 7 W/E) 767.5M

Top 10 WW) 7845M

A: 100M – The House

B: 200M – Cars 3

C: 300M – Wonder Woman

D: 400M – Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

E: 500M – Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

A: $1.5B – Despicable Me 3

B: $1B – Despicable Me 3

C: 800M – War for the Planet of the Apes

D: 600M – Cars 3

E: 400M – The Mummy

A: April (28th releases only) – How to be a Latin Lover

B: May – Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

C: June – Despicable Me 3

D: July – Spider-Man Homecoming

E: August – Baby Driver

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

Ye

Naw

Ye

Ye

Ye

Naw

Ye

Naw

Ye

Naw

Ye

Naw

Naw

JAJANGS 15

Q1) Comic Book Adaptions Domestic vs International Grosses (4 films, 8 grosses - positions only) (5k Correct, -3k incorrect) Abstain

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)?

Nope

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)?

5th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?

Nope

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)?

Ye

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)?

Ye

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)?

Nope

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross?

Ye

Ye

Ye

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)?

Nope

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically?

Ye

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance?

Nope

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ?

Ye

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 386M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 354M
3) Despicable Me 3 - 316M
4) Wonder Woman - 286M
5) Cars 3 - 254M

6) Dunkirk - 240M
7) Pirates of the Caribbean - 238M
8) Baywatch - 226M
9)  War for the Planet of the Apes - 221M
10) Transformers - 210M

11) The Mummy - 175M
12) Detroit - 156M
13) Alien - 128M
14) Emoji Movie - 116M
15) Baby Driver - 101M

1) Guardians - 164M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 145M
3)  Wonder Woman - 105M
4) Despicable Me 3 - 94M
5) Transformers - 86M

6) Cars - 84M
7)  Pirates - 76M

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 1.13B
2) Despicable Me 3 - 1.02B
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 1.01B
4) Pirates - 1B
5) Transformers - 975M

6) Cars 3 - 956M
7)  Wonder Woman - 853M
8)  Dunkirk - 815M
9)  War for the Planet of the Apes - 805M
10) The Mummy - 765M

1) Transformers: The Last Knight - 275M
2)  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 225M
3)  Pirates of the Caribbean - 215M
4)  Spider-Man: Homecoming - 175M
5) The Mummy - 110M

6) War For the Planet of the Apes - 102M
7) Cars 3 - 88M

South Korea Transformers: The Last Knight

Russia Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Brazil Descipable Me 3

Mexico Despicable Me

Australia Pirates of the Caribbean 

Italy Spider-Man Homecoming

Top 15 Dom)

Top 7 W/E) 754M

Top 10 WW) 9.3B

A: 100M Detroit

B: 200M Cars 3

C: 300M Spider-Man: Homecoming

D: 400M Guardians

E: 500M Guardians

A: $1.5B Guardians

B: $1B Spider-Man: Homecoming

C: 800M Pirates

D: 600M Dunkirk

E: 400M Alien

A: April (28th releases only) The Circle

B: May Guardians

E: August Detroit

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? YES

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? YES

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? YES

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? NO

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? YES

JJ8's 14

1) Spider-Man - Int.

2) Guardians - Int.

3) Guardians - DOM

4) Wonder Woman - Int.

5) Spider-Man - DOM

6) Wonder Woman - DOM

7) Valerian - Int.

8) Valerian - DOM

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 4

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? YES

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? YES

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? YES

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? YES

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? NO

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? NO

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? YES

Edited by Empire

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume. 2 $400M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming $330M
3) Despicable Me 3 $300M
4) Wonder Woman $275M
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales $230M

6) Cars 3 $200M
7) War for the Planet of the Apes $180M
8) Alien: Covenant $160M
9) Transformers: The Last Knight $160M

10)Dunkirk $150M

11) Annabelle 2 $125M
12) King Arthur: Legend of the Sword $100M
13) Baywatch $99.9M
14) Atomic Blonde $95M
15) Valerian City of a Thousand Planets $90M

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume. 2 $166.3M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming $140M
3) Despicable Me 3 $100M
4) Wonder Woman $95M
5) War for the Planet of the Apes $75M

6) Pirates of the Caribbean $75M
7) Transformers: The Last Knight $70M

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 $1.05B
2) Despicable Me 3 $1B
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming $950M
4) Transformers: The Last Knight $900M
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales $800M

6) Wonder Woman $750M
7) Cars 3 $600M
8) War for the Planet of the Apes $550M
9) Dunkirk $500M
10) Alien: Covenant $450M

1) Transformers: The Last Knight $250M
2) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 $100M
3) Despicable Me 3 $90M
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming $85M
5) Cars 3 $80M

6) Wonder Woman $75M
7)Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales $70M

South Korea: Despicable Me 3

Russia: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

Brazil: Despicable Me 3

Mexico: Wonder Woman

Australia: Despicable Me 3

Italy: Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) $3.5B

Top 7 W/E) $550M

Top 10 WW) $7B

A: 100M: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

B: 200M: Cars 3

C: 300M: Despicable Me 3

D: 400M: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

E: 500M: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

A: $1.5B: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

B: $1B: Despicable Me 3

C: 800M: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

D: 600M: Cars 3

E: 400M: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

A: April (28th releases only): The Circle

B: May: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

C: June: Wonder Woman

D: July: Spider-Man: Homecoming

E: August: Annabelle 2

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? YES

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? NO

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? NO

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? YES

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) YES

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? YES

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? YES

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? NO

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? YES

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? NO

JAJANGS 15

1)   x

2)   x

3)    x

4)  x

5)   x

6)    x

7)    x

8)    x  

9)   x

10) x

11)  x

12)  x

13) x

14) x

15) x

1) Guardians of the Galaxy 2:  364M
2) Despicable Me 3:  330M
3) Spider-man 6:  310M
4) Wonder Woman:  298M
5) Cars 3:  230M

6) Transformers 5: 205.7M
7) Planet of the Apes:  202.9M

8) POTC 5:  180M
9) Baywatch:  139M

10) King Arthur:  125M

11) Dunkirk:  124.8M

12) Alien Covenant:  122.4M
13) Dark Tower:  95.7M
14) Captain Underpants:  95M
15) Girls Night Out:  88M

1) GOTG2:  140M
2) Spiderman 5:  111M
3) Wonder Woman:  110M

4) Despicable Me 3:  92M
5) Transformers:  91M

6) Cars 3:  75M
7) POTC: 74.5M  

1) Transformers 5: 1.1B
2) Despicable Me 3:  1.06B
3) GOTG2:  975M
4) POTC 5:  775M
5) Spider-man 6:  730M

6) Wonder Woman:  725M
7) Planet of the Apes:  650M
8) Cars 3:  600M
9) Dunkirk: 400M
10) The Mummy:  395M

1) Transformers:  365M
2) Spider-man Homecoming:  200M
3) Guardians of the Galaxy:  155M
4) Wonder Woman:  154M

5) Planet of the Apes:  140M
6) The Mummy:  135M

6) Pirates of the Carribbean:  95M
7) Valerian:  94.9M

South Korea:  Transformers

Russia:  Transformers

Brazil:  Despicable Me 3

Mexico:   Despicable Me 3

Australia:  Despicable M3 3

Italy:  Transformers Last Knight

Top 15 Dom) 2.96 B

Top 7 W/E) 603.5M

Top 10 WW) 7.41B

A: 100M Captain Underpants

B: 200M Transformers

C: 300M:  Wonder Woman

D: 400M GOTG 2

E: 500M:  GOTG 2

A: $1.5B Transformers

B: $1B:  Despicable Me 3

C: 800M: POTC 5

D: 600M:  Cars 3

A: April (28th releases only):  The Circle

B: May:  GOTG 2

C: June:  Despicable Me 3

D: July:  Spiderman Homecoming

E: August: The Hitman's Bodyguard

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk 

1) Snatched
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game?  YES

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide?  NO

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?)  What a fucking bullshit question....this could literally go either way.  You prick CHAS  :P  YES (i really have no idea.....Power Rangers looks like it will make about 88 million.....my number 15 film is 88 million)

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? NO

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? NO

10) Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?  NOT A CHANCE

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? YES

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?)  YES

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? YES

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic?  YES

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer?  NO

Alright here they are : 

JAJANG'S 15 er i mean JJ-8's 14 Questions

Comic Book Adaption Questions :

Notes :

- Q1 is worth double the other questions as it's little more complicated than the other questions so I have reduced the number to 14 questions overall.

Q1) There are 4 Comic Book Adaptions to be released this summer.  They are:

- Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2

- Wonder Woman

- Spider-man: Homecoming

- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Create a table of positions 1 to 8, where you order in total gross the domestic and then international totals.  I only need the positions.

an example table is as follows :

(Remember International excludes Domestic gross)

1. Spider-man: International

2. Guardians:  International

3. Wonder Woman:  International

4. Guardians:  Domestic

5. Spider-man Domestic

6. Wonder Woman Domestic

7. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets International

8. Valerian: Homecoming International

Scoring is as follows.

5000 for each correct answer. (total of 40k if you get all 8)

-3000 for each incorrect answer. (total of -24k if you get all 8 incorrect)

If you choose to abstain this question (and you must astain all of it), you get 8,000.

If you leave a spot blank you get that spot as an incorrect answer.  If put 1 of the options twice you will receive at lease one of those incorrect.

(for the bonus at the bottom, if you get 4 / 8 you get 1, if you get all 8 correct you get 2 towards the bonus (ie. the total is still 30 quesitons))

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?  YES

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? YES

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? YES (If we are counting Valerian)

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? NO

Animated Film Questions :

These 2 questions will relate to the 6 animated films that are to be released during the summer (these questions will not be affected if any films are delayed or deferred)

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? NO

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? NO

A single question for those Transformers & Pirates Fans out there:

Q13) Both Franchises are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? NO...only transformers will

Final General Question

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ?  YES

• Like 1

In case you missed it (you have already copied the old template which has a new addition).  I just added my 15 i mean 14 questions.... you will need to add that to your answers (the template has been modified to include what you need - see the first post of this thread.

@chasmmi

@WrathOfHan ; @Beauty and The Panda ; @That One Guy ; @Spaghetti by the Sea ; @aabattery ; @Mike Hunt ; @baumer

• Like 2

MY TOP 15 ETC PREDICTIONS

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 422.8m
2) Despicable Me 3 - 405.4m
3) Spider-man: Homecoming - 315.0m
4) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales - 288.3m
5) Transformers: The Last Knight - 238.2m

6) War for the Planet of the Apes - 206.8m
7) Wonder Woman - 191.6m
8) Cars 3 - 185.0m
9) Dunkirk - 184.2m
10) The Mummy (2017) - 143.2m

11) The Dark Tower - 140.9m
12) The Emoji Movie - 138.0m

13) Captain Underpants - 131.8m
14) Alien: Covenant - 129.3m
15) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 108.5m

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 160.9m
2) Despicable Me 3 - 108.7m
3) Spider-man: Homecoming - 105.9m
4) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales - 100.9m
5) Transformers: The Last Knight - 85.8m

6) Wonder Woman - 78.9m
7) War for the Planet of the Apes - 76.3m

1) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales - 1,137.3m

2) Despicable Me 3 - 1,114.9m
3) Transformers: The Last Knight - 1,038.2m
4) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 1,007.5m
5) Spider-man: Homecoming - 965.0m

6) War for the Planet of the Apes - 716.8m
7) Wonder Woman - 667.6m
8) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 538.5m
9) Cars 3 - 495.0m

10) Dunkirk - 469.2m

1) Transformers: The Last Knight - 305m
2) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 210m
3) Spider-man: Homecoming - 175m
4) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 135m
5) Despicable Me 3 - 120m

6) The Mummy (2017) - 119m
7) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales - 118m

South Korea Transformers: The Last Knight

Russia Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales

Brazil Despicable Me 3

Mexico Despicable Me 3 

Australia Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales

Italy Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales

Top 15 Dom) 3,192.2m

Top 7 W/E) 714.3m

Top 10 WW) 8,140.0m

Top 5 China) 945m

A: 100M Baby Driver

B: 200M War for the Planet of the Apes

C: 300M Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales

D: 400M Despicable Me 3

E: 500M Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

A: $1.5B Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales

B: $1B Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

C: 800M War for the Planet of the Apes

D: 600M Valerian and the  City of a Thousand Planets

E: 400M Alien: Covenant

A: April (28th releases only) How to be a Latin Lover

B: May Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

D: July Spider-man: Homecoming

E: August The Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk **** Highest

1) Snatched 
2) The House **** Lowest
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? YES

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now)  NO

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? YES

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? YES

JJ8's 14

1) Spiderman: Homecoming - International

2) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - International

3) Wonder Woman - International

4) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - International

5) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Domestic

6) Spider-man: Homecoming - Domestic

7) Wonder Woman - Domestic

8) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - Domestic

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 5TH

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? NO

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? NO

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? YES

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? YES

• Like 1

Started work on this Today - Reserved for my answers... Not sure there has been a summer where I felt unsure about so much since 13 or 14.... but it also seems like of the lists submitted the top 15s are not much different.

*off to watch some trailers*

ANSWERS:

1)  Guardians 2 – 356m
2) Despicable Me 3 – 331m
3) Wonder Woman – 303m
4) Spider-man: Homecoming – 266m
5)
Cars 3 – 232m

6) Transformers 5 – 210m
7) War For the Apes – 203m
8) Pirates 5 – 201m
9) Dunkirk – 162m
10) Baywatch – 145m

11) The Mummy – 141m
12) Captain Underpants – 132m
13) The House – 115m
14) Alien Covenant – 110m
15)
Dark Tower – 91m

1) 147m – Guardians 2
2) 130m – Wonder Woman
3) 117m – Spider-man Homecoming
4) 100m – Despicable Me 3
5)
85m – Transformers 5

6) 75m – Pirates 5
7) 70m – Apes 3

1) Transformers 5 – 960m
2) DM3 – 950m
3) Wonder Woman – 875m
4) Guardians 2 – 895m
5)
Pirates 5 – 870m

6) Spiderman – 810m
7) Apes 3 – 750m
8) Dunkirk – 575m
9) Cars 3 – 550m
10)
The Mummy 440m

1) Transformers 5 – 300m
2) Spiderman - 150
3) Guardians - 145
4) Wonder Woman - 125
5)
Pirates - 100

6) Apes – 85
7) Mummy - 75

South Korea - Transformers

Russia  - Pirates

Brazil  - Transformers

Mexico  - Transformers

Australia  - Guardians

Italy  - Pirates

Top 15 Dom) – 3.002b

Top 7 W/E) – 730M

Top 10 WW) – 7.615B

A: 100M – Alien Covenant

B: 200M – Pirates 5

C: 300M – Wonder Woman

D: 400M DM3

E: 500M DM3  

A: $1.5B - Transformers

B: $1B - Transformers

C: 800M - Spiderman

D: 600M - Dunkirk

E: 400M – Captain Underpants

A: April (28th releases only) –LATIN LOVER

B: May – Guardians of the Galaxy

C: June – Despicable Me

D: July – Spider-Man

E: August – Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:

Dunkirk

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Something Something Blah Blah Blah

YES

NO

YES

YES

NO 

NO

YES

NO

YES 

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher NolanMichael BayRidley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?)

NO

YES

YES

NO 

JJ8's 14

1)  Spider-Man / International

2) Guardians / International

3)  Wonder Woman / International

4)  Guardians / Domestic

5)  Wonder Woman / Domestic

6)  Spider-Man / Domestic

7)  Valerian International

8)  Valerian Domestic

NO

6th Position 

Q4)

Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?

YES

NO

YES

NO

YES

NO

NO

YES

YES

NO

YES

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 400
2) Despicable Me 3 - 353
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 300
4) Wonder Woman - 275
5)Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 230

6) Cars 3 - 230
7) Transformers: The Last Knight - 220
8) War for the Planet of the Apes - 210
9)   The Mummy (2017) - 190
10)  Dunkirk - 175

11)  Captain Underpants - 160
12)  Alien: Covenant - 130
13) Baywatch - 110
14) The Emoji Movie - 100
15)Annabelle: Creation -70

1)  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 150
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 125
3)  Wonder Woman - 115
4)  Despicable Me 3  - 110
5)Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 100

6)  Transformers: The Last Knight - 90
7)  War for the Planet of the Apes - 85

1)  Transformers: The Last Knight - 1.2b
2)  Despicable Me 3 - 1.2b
3)  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 1.1b
4)  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 950
5)  Spider-Man: Homecoming - 850

6)  Wonder Woman - 775
7)  Cars 3 - 750
8)  War for the Planet of the Apes - 700
9)   The Mummy (2017) - 650
10)Dunkirk - 600

1)  Transformers: The Last Knight - 400
2)  Despicable Me 3 - 230
3)  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 200
4)  Spider-Man: Homecoming - 200
5)Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 150

6)  The Mummy (2017) - 150
7) Captain Underpants  - 100

South Korea -  Despicable Me 3

Russia -  Despicable Me 3

Brazil -  Despicable Me 3

Mexico -  Despicable Me 3

Australia -  Despicable Me 3

Italy -  Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) - 3153

Top 7 W/E) - 775

Top 10 WW) - 8775

A: 100M - The Emoji Movie

B: 200M - War for the Planet of the Apes 

C: 300M - Spider-Man: Homecoming

D: 400M - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

E: 500M - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

A: $1.5B -  Transformers: The Last Knight

B: $1B -  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 

C: 800M -  Wonder Woman

D: 600M - Dunkirk

E: 400M - Alien: Covenant

A: April (28th releases only) - The Circle (2017)

B: May - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

C: June - Despicable Me 3

D: July - Spider-Man: Homecoming

E: August - Annabelle: Creation 

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? yes

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? YES

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) NO

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? - NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? YES

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? YES

JJ8's 14

1)SPIDER MAN - INTERNATIONAL

2)GOTG - INTERNATIONAL

3)WW - INTERNATIONAL

4)GOTG - DOM

5)SM -DOM

6)WW - DOM

7)VAL- INT

8)VAL - DOM

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 5TH

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? NO

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? NO

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance?NO

• Like 1

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. $400,000,000

2) Wonder Woman $300,000,000
2) Despicable Me 3 $294,000,000 
4) Spider-Man: Home Coming $284,000,000
5) War For the Planet of the Apes $227,000,000

6) Dunkirk $200,000,000
7) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales $179,000,000

8) Cars 3 $170,000,000
9) Transformers 5 $167,000,000
10) Alien: Covenant $125,000,000

11) The Mummy $120,000,000
12) Baywatch $115,000,000

13) Detriot $110,000,000

14) Snatched $105,000,000
15) Baby Driver $95,000,000

1) GOTG 2 $164,000,000
2) Wonder Woman $120,000,000
3) Spider-Man: Home Coming $110,000,000
4) Despicable Me 3 $92,000,000
5) War for the Planet of the Apes $82,000,000

6) Dunkirk $72,000,000
7) Transformers 5 $65,000,000

1) Despicable Me 3 $1,090,000,000
2) Transformers 5 $1,050,000,000
3) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 $1,005,000,000
4) Spider-Man: Home Coming $920,000,000
5) Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales $875,000,000

6) War for the Planet of the Apes $775,000,000
7) Wonder Woman $690,000,000
8) Cars 3 $555,000,000
9) Dunkirk $525,000,000
10) The Mummy $420,000,000

1) Transformers 5 $315,000,000
2) Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2. $185,000,000

3) Pirates of the Caribbean 5 $145,000,000
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming $140,000,000
5) War for the Planet of the Apes $135,000,000

6) Wonder Woman $85,000,000
7) Despicable Me 3 $80,000,000

Russia Despicable Me 3

Brazil Despicable Me 3

Mexico Despicable Me 3

Italy Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) $2b,800m

Top 7 W/E) $580m

Top 10 WW) $6b,620m

A: 100M Baby Driver 

B: 200M Dunkirk

D: 400M Guardians of the Galaxy 2

E: 500M Guardians of the Galaxy 2

A: $1.5B Despicable Me 3 

B: $1B Guardians of the Galaxy 2

C: 800M War for the Planet of the Apes 

D: 600M Cars 3

A: April (28th releases only) The Circle 

C: June Wonder Woman 

D: July Spider-Man Homecoming 

E: August Detroit 

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk 

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

No

No

No

Yes

No 

No

No

No

Yes

No 

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? No

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? No

JJ8's 14

1) Spider-Man: Homecoming International

2) Guardians of the Galaxy International 

3) Guardians of the Galaxy Domestic

4) Wonder Woman International 

5) Wonder Woman Domestic

6) Spider-Man: Homecoming Domestic

7) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets International 

8) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Domestic 

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? No

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 5th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? Yes

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? (does Spider-Man count as marvel?) If so then Yes

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? Yes

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? No

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? Yes

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? Yes

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? No

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? Yes

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? Yes

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? No

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be eligible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? Yes

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

1) Despicable Me 3 - 335 m
2) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 325 m
3) Spider-man Homecoming - 285 m
4) Cars 3- 225 m  
5) Transformers 5  - 210 m

6) War of the Planet of the Apes - 210 m
7) Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - 175 m
8) Wonder Woman - 170 m
9) Dunkirk - 160 m
10) Baywatch - 140 m

11) The Mummy - 135 m
12) Alien Covenant - 125 m
13) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets The House  - 120 m
14) The House - 120 m
15) Captain Underpants - 115 m 

1) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 140 m
2) Despicable Me 3 -110 m
3) Spider-Man Homecoming - 100 m
4) Transformers 5 - 90 m
5) War of the Planet of the Apes - 75 m

6) Wonder Woman - 70 m
7) Pirates of the Carribean - 65 m

1) Despicable Me 3 - 985 m
2) Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - 975 m
3) Transformers 5 - 950 m
4) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 850 m
5) Spider-man Homecoming - 825 m

6) War of the Planet of the Apes - 650 m
7) Cars 3 - 625 m
8) Dunkirk - 550 m
9) Wonder Woman - 500 m
10) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 400 m

1) Transformers 5 - 250 m
2) War of the Planet of the Apes - 135 m
3) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 130 m
4) Spider-man Homecoming - 120 m
5) Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 85 m

6) Wonder Woman - 60 m
7) Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - 50 m

South Korea - Transformers 5

Russia - Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Brazil - Despicable Me 3

Mexico - Despicable Me 3

Italy - Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Top 15 Dom) 2,850 m

Top 7 W/E) 645 m

Top 10 WW) 7,310 m

A: 100M - Captain Underpants
B: 200M - War of the Planet of the Apes
C: 300M - Spider-man Homecoming
D: 400M - Despicable Me 3
E: 500M - Despicable Me 3

A: $1.5B - Despicable Me 3

B: $1B - Despicable Me 3

C: 800M - Spider-man Homecoming
D: 600M - Cars 3
E: 400M - Valerian and the Planet of a Thousand Planets

A: April (28th releases only) - How to be a Latin Lover

B: May - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

C: June - Despicable Me 3

D: July - Spider-man Homecoming
E: August - Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? NO

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? NO

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? NO

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now)  NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? YES

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? NO

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? NO

JJ8's 14

1) GotG2 OS - 560.001 m
2) Spider-man OS - 560 m
3) GOTG DOM - 325 m
4) Wonder Woman OS - 300 m
5) Spider-man DOM - 285 m
6) Valerian/1000 Planets OS - 275 m
7) Wonder Woman DOM - 170 m

8) Valerian/1000 Planets DOM - 125 m

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6th

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? NO

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? YES

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? NO

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? NO

Edited by grey ghost

1) Despicable Me 3: 400M
2) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 390M
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming:    295M

4) Wonder Woman: 265M

5) Dunkirk: 250M

6) Transformers: The Last Knight: 220M
7) War for the Planet of the Apes: 202M
8) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 200M
9) Cars 3: 175M
10) The Mummy (2017): 156M
11) Snatched: 119M
12) Baywatch: 115M
13) Alien: Covenant: 105M
14) Rough Night: 100M
15) Captain Underpants: 98M

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 155M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming: 130M
3) Despicable Me 3: 100M
4) Wonder Woman: 95M
5) Transformers: The Last Knight: 90M

6) War for the Planet of the Apes: 75M
7) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 75M

1) Despicable Me 3: 1.200B
2) Transformers: The Last Knight: 1.050B
3) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 980M
4) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 900M
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming: 850M

6) War for the Planet of the Apes: 770M
7) Wonder Woman: 700M
8) Cars 3: 650M
9) Dunkirk: 550M
10) The Mummy (2017): 550M

1) Transformers: The Last Knight: 350M
2) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 300M
3) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: 250M
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming: 200M
5) The Mummy: 150M

6) War For the Planet of the Apes: 100M
7) Wonder Woman: 90M

Russia Despicable Me 3

Brazil Despicable Me 3

Mexico Despicable Me 3

Italy Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) 3.090B

Top 7 W/E) 720M

Top 10 WW) 8.200B

A: 100M Captain Underpants

B: 200M Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

C: 300M Spider-Man: Homecoming

D: 400M Despicable Me 3

E: 500M Despicable Me 3

A: $1.5B Despicable Me 3

B: $1B Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

C: 800M War for the Planet of the Apes

D: 600M Dunkirk

E: 400M Captain Underpants

A: April (28th releases only) The Circle

B: May Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

C: June Wonder Woman 

E: August Annabelle: Creation

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Bad Dads 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? No

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? No

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? No

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) Abstain

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? Yes

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) Yes

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? No

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? No

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? No

JJ8's 14

1)  Spider-Man / International

2) Guardians / International

3)  Wonder Woman / International

4)  Guardians / Domestic

5)  Wonder Woman / Domestic

6)  Spider-Man / Domestic

7)  Valerian International

8)  Valerian Domestic

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6TH

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? NO

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? YES

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? YES

Edited by jj99
  • Like 1