chasmmi

Summer Game Preseason Prediction Thread - Please post your predictions here

TOP 15 ETC PREDICTION TEMPLATE

Below is a helpful template to use for making predictions. All Players who use this template for their predictions will receive 10,000 bonus points for making my life easier when I have to score everything at the end of the game.

A: Domestic top 15:

1) GOTG2 - 365M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 340M
3) Despicable Me 3 - 310M
4) Transformers: TLK - 223M
5) Wonder Woman - 210M

6) Cars III - 197M
7) Dunkirk - 192M
8) War For Planet of The Apes - 190M
9) Pirates of The Carribean: DMTNT - 180M
10) The Mummy - 140M

11) Alien: Covenant - 120M
12) Baywatch - 119M
13) The Emoji Movie - 110M
14) Rough Night - 104M
15) Snatched - 102M

B: Top 7 Domestic OW:

1) GOTG2 - 165M
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 160M
3) Wonder Woman - 110M 
4) Despicable Me 3 - 109M
5) Transformers - 107M

6) Apes - 92M
7) Pirates - 74M

C: Worldwide top 10:

1) GOTG2: 950M
2) Transformers - 910M
3) Despicable Me 3 - 870M
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 850M
5) Pirates - 790M

6) Wonder Woman - 760M
7) Mummy - 710M
8) Cars III - 700M
9) Dunkirk - 650M
10) Apes - 640M

D: China:

1) Transformers - 305M
2) Pirates - 155M
3) Apes - 133M 
4) GOTG2 - 121M
5) Spider-Man - 110M

6) Wonder Woman - 89M 
7) Mummy - 83M

E: No More Heroes:

South Korea - Transformers 

Russia - Transformers

Brazil - Despicable Me 3

Mexico - Despicable Me 3

Australia - Dunkirk

Italy - Dunkirk

F: Total Grosses:

Top 15 Dom) 3.1B

Top 7 W/E) 825M

Top 10 WW) 8.1B

RFQ1: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones domestically by the end of the game:

A: 100M - Alien Covenant

B: 200M - Wonder Woman

C: 300M - Despicable Me 3

D: 400M - GOTG2

E: 500M - GOTG2

RFQ2: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones Worldwide by the end of the game:

A: $1.5B GOTG2

B: $1B Transformers 

C: 800M DM3

D: 600M Dunkirk

E: 400M The Mummy

RFQ3: Predict the top grossing film of each month:

A: April (28th releases only) The Latin Lover

B: May GOTG2

C: June Wonder Woman

D: July Spider-Man Homecoming

E: August - Annabelle 2

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2
4) Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Something Something Blah Blah Blah

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? YES

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? NO

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? No

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) NO

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)?

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now)  NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? YES

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? YES

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? YES

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? YES

JJ8's 14

Q1) Comic Book Adaptions Domestic vs International Grosses (4 films, 8 grosses - positions only) (5k Correct, -3k incorrect)

1) Spider-Man International

2) GTOG2 International

3) Wonder Woman International

4) GOTG2 Domestic

5) Spider-man Domestic

6) Wonder Woman Domestic

7)Valerian - International

8) Valerian - Domestic

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 5th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? NO

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? YES

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? YES

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? NO

Q10) Will a Comic Book Adaption be the #1 film overall (and it must be released during the game) in ANY of the following markets

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? NO

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? NO

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? NO

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? YES

• Like 1

Below is a helpful template to use for making predictions. All Players who use this template for their predictions will receive 10,000 bonus points for making my life easier when I have to score everything at the end of the game.

1) Wonder Woman 400
2) Guardians of the Galaxy 310
3) Despicable Me 3 280
4) Spider-Man Homecoming 240
5) War for the Planet of the Apes 225

6) Cars 3 195
7) Transformers 5 189
8) Pirates 5 188
9) Mummy 150
10) Dunkirk 145

11) Baywatch 125
12) All Eyez on Me 105
13) Emoji Movie 100
14) Alien Covenant 95
15) Captain Underpants 90

1) Wonder Woman 150
2) Guardians 145
3) Spider-Man 100
4) Despicable ME 95
5) Planet of the Apes 80

6) Cars 75
7) Transformers 70

1) Transformers 950 
2) Despicable Me 915
3) Spider-Man 850
4) Wonder Woman 825
5) Pirates 815

6) Guardians 800
7) Cars 3 700
8) Planet of the Apes 650
9) Mummy 500
10) Dunkirk 475

1) Transformers 375
2) Pirates 250
3) Spider-Man 200
4) Guardians 150
5) Planet of the Apes 125

6) Despicable Me 100
7) Wonder Woman 100

South Korea Transformers

Russia Pirates

Brazil Despicable Me

Mexico Despicable Me

Australia Despicable Me

Italy Despicable Me

Top 15 Dom) 2.837B

Top 7 W/E) 715M

Top 10 WW) 7.48B

RFQ1: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones domestically by the end of the game:

A: 100M Emoji Movie

B: 200M Cars 3

C: 300M Guardians

D: 400M Wonder Woman

E: 500M Wonder Woman

RFQ2: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones Worldwide by the end of the game:

A: $1.5B Transformers

B: $1B Transformers

C: 800M Guardians

D: 600M Planet of the Apes

E: 400M Alien

A: April (28th releases only) Circle

B: May Guardians

D: July Spider-Man

E: August Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy THIS

4) Dunkirk

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2
4) Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Something Something Blah Blah Blah THIS

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game?

NO

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide?

NO

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic?

NO

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?)

YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)?

NO

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) 

NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3?

YES

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?

NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China?

YES

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?)

NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer?

NO

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic?

NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer?

YES

JJ8's 14

Q1) Comic Book Adaptions Domestic vs International Grosses (4 films, 8 grosses - positions only) (5k Correct, -3k incorrect)

1) Spider-Man (OS)

2) Guardians (OS)

3) Wonder Woman (OS)

4) Wonder Woman (DOM)

5) Guardians (DOM)

6) Spider-Man (DOM)

7) Valerian (OS)

8) Valerian (DOM)

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)?

YES

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)?

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?

NO

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)?

NO

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)?

YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)?

NO

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross?

YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer?

NO

Q10) Will a Comic Book Adaption be the #1 film overall (and it must be released during the game) in ANY of the following markets

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ?

YES

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)?

YES

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically?

YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance?

NO

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ?

YES

DO NOT ALTER THE TEMPLATE! JUST ADD IN YOUR ANSWERS AS REQUIRED. FOLLOWING THIS ONE SIMPLE INSTRUCTION WILL LAND YOU 20,000 BONUS POINTS :)

• Like 1

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - $359m
2) Wonder Woman - $277m
3) Despicable Me 3 - $270m
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming - $261m
5) War for the Planet of the Apes - $235m

6) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $217m
7) Dunkirk - $173m
8) Cars 3 - $158m
9) Baywatch - $144m
10) Captain Underpants - $143m

11) Transformers: The Last Knight - $142m
12) Alien: Covenant - $129m
13) The Mummy - $119m
14) The House - $116m
15) Girls Trip - $105m

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - $136m
2) Wonder Woman - $110m
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming - $89m
4) Despicable Me 3 - $87m
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $77m

6) War for the Planet of the Apes - $76m
7) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (second weekend) - $57m

1) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $936m
2) Despicable Me 3 - $918m
3) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - $887m
4) Transformers: The Last Knight - $800m
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming - $772m

6) War for the Planet of the Apes - $720m
7) Wonder Woman - $719m
8) Cars 3 - $444m
9) Dunkirk - $442m
10) The Mummy - $415m

1) Transformers - $270m
2) Pirates - $175m
3) Spider-Man - $125m
4) Guardians - $115m
5) Apes - $105m

6) The Mummy - $85m
7) Wonder Woman - $75m

South Korea Transformers
Russia Despicable Me 3
Brazil Despicable Me 3
Mexico Despicable Me 3
Australia Pirates of the Caribbean
Italy Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) 2.877 billion

Top 7 W/E) 632m

Top 10 WW) 7.053 billion

RFQ1: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones domestically by the end of the game:

A: 100M Girls Trip
B: 200M Pirates of the Caribbean
C: 300M Wonder Woman
D: 400M Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
E: 500M Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

RFQ2: Predict which film will finish closest to each of the following milestones Worldwide by the end of the game:

A: $1.5B Pirates
B: $1B Pirates
C: 800M Transformers
D: 600M Wonder Woman
E: 400M The Mummy

RFQ3: Predict the top grossing film of each month:

A: April (28th releases only) How to Be a Latin Lover
B: May Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
D: July Spider-Man: Homecoming
E: August Detroit

CHASMMI’s 15

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 
4) Dunkirk

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically:

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? No

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? No

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? No

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) Yes

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? Yes

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) No

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? No

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? No

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? No

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) No

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? Yes

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? No

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? No

JJ8's 14

1) Guardians Vol. 2 - International
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - International
3) Wonder Woman - International
4) Guardians Vol. 2 - Domestic
5) Wonder Woman - Domestic
6) Spider-Man: Homecoming - Domestic
7) Valerian - International
8) Valerian - Domestic

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? No

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? Yes

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? Yes

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? Yes

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? No

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? Yes

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? No

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? No

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? No

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? Yes

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? No

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? Yes

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

1) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 350 million
2) Despicable Me 3 - 330 million
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 270 million
4) Wonder Woman - 245 million
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men's Tell No Tales - 225 million

6) War for the Planet of the Apes - 215 million
7) Transformers: The Last Knight - 210 million
8) Cars 3 - 208 million
9) Dunkirk - 140 million
10) The Mummy - 135 million

11) Baywatch - 125 million
12) Alien Covenant: 120 million
13) The House - 110 million
14) Rough Night - 105 million
15) The Emoji Movie - 104 million

1) Guardians of the Galaxy - 146 million
2) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 110 million
3) Wonder Woman - 104 million
4) Despicable Me 3 - 102 million
5) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 88 million

6) Transformers: The Last Knight - 87 million
7) War for the Planet of the Apes - 77 million

1) Despicable Me 3 - 1 billion
2) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 - 950 million
3) Transformers the Last Knight - 880 million
4) Pirates of the Caribbean - 830 million
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming - 800 million

6) War for the Planet of the Apes - 700 million
7) Wonder Woman - 675 million
8) Cars 3 - 550 million
9) The Mummy - 460 million
10) Dunkirk - 400 million

1) Transformers: The Last Knight - 280 million
2) Pirates of the Caribbean - 170 million
3) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 - 125 million
4) Spider-Man Homecoming - 120 million
5) War for the Planet of the Apes - 115 million

6) Dunkirk - 110 million
7) The Mummy - 100 million

South Korea - Transformers

Russia - Transformers

Brazil - Transformers

Mexico - Despicable Me 3

Australia - Despicable Me 3

Italy - Despicable Me 3

Top 15 Dom) 2.892 billion

Top 7 W/E) 714 million

Top 10 WW) 6.831 billion

A: 100M - The Emoji Movie

B: 200M - War for the Planet of the Apes

C: 300M - Spider-Man: Homecoming

D: 400M - Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

E: 500M - Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

A: $1.5B - Despicable Me 3

B: $1B - Despicable Me 3

C: 800M - Spider-Man Homecoming

D: 600M - Cars 3

E: 400M - Dunkirk

A: April (28th releases only) - How to be a Latin Lover

B: May - Guardians

C: June - Despicable Me 3

D: July - Spider-Man Homecoming

E: August - The Dark Tower

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game? No

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide? No

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? No

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) Yes

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? No

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now)  No

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? No

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game? No

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? Yes

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher NolanMichael BayRidley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?) Yes, Edgar Wright

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? Yes, The House, Dunkirk, and Wonder Woman

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic? No

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer? No

JJ8's 14

1) Guardians International

2) Spider-Man International

3) Wonder Woman International

4) Guardians Domestic

5) Spider-Man Domestic

6) Wonder Woman Domestic

7) Valerian International

8) Valerian Domestic

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? No

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)? Yes

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? Yes

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? Yes

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? No

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? Yes

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? No

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? Yes

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? No

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? Yes

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? No

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? Yes, Transformers

• Like 2

On 3/15/2017 at 9:01 AM, chasmmi said:

Post predictions here, using this template for a 20k bonus starting score :)

1) Guardians Vol. 2 - 370
2) Despicable 3 - 360
3) Spider-man - 355
4) Wonder Woman - 260
5)
Apes - 223

6) Pirates - 217
7) Cars - 205
8) Dunkirk - 200
9) Transformers - 190
10)
The Mummy - 170

11) Alien - 125
12) Captain Underpants - 120
13) Baywatch - 115
14) The House - 110
15)
Detroit - 100

1) Galaxy - 149
2) Spiderman - 136
3) Despicable - 103
4) Wonder Woman - 95
5)
Apes  - 82

6) Pirates - 77.1
7) Transformers - 77

1) Despicable - 1,160
2) Pirates - 1,100
3) Transformers - 1,090
4) Galaxy - 1,070
5)
Spiderman - 975

6) Wonder Woman - 860
7) Apes - 800
8) Cars 3 - 605
9) Dunkirk - 600
10)
The Mummy - 570

1) Transformers - 340
2) Pirates - 190
3) Spider-man - 170
4) Galaxy - 150
5)
Apes - 125

6) Wonder Woman - 120
7) Despicable Me - 100

South Korea - PIRATES

Russia - PIRATES

Brazil - PIRATES

Mexico - PIRATES

Australia - PIRATES

Italy - PIRATES

Top 15 Dom) 3,120

Top 7 W/E) 722

Top 10 WW) 8810

A: 100M - Annabelle

B: 200M - Dunkirk

C: 300M - Wonder Woman

D: 400M - Galaxy

E: 500M - Galaxy

A: $1.5B - Pirates

B: $1B - Spider-man

C: 800M - Apes

D: 600M - Cars

E: 400M - Alien

A: April (28th releases only) - too late

B: May - galaxy

C: June - despicable

D: July - Spider-man

E: August - Detroit

CHASMMI’s 15

1) King Arthur
2) Alien Covenant 
3) The Mummy 

4) Dunkirk

1) Snatched 
2) The House
3) Annabelle 2

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game?

YES

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide?

YES

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic?

NO

6)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?)

yes

YES

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) 

NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3?

NO

10)Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?

NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China?

SKIP

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?)

NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer?

YES

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic?

YES

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer?

NO

JJ8's 14

1) GALAXY INTER

2) SPIDER INTER

3) WONDER INTER

4) GALAXY DOM

5) SPIDEY DOM

6) VALERIAN INTER

7) WW DOM

8) VALERIAN DOM

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)?

NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)?

6TH

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?

YES

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)?

YES

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)?

YES

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)?

NO

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross?

YES

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer?

YE

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ?

NO

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)?

NO

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically?

YES

Q13) Both Pirates & Transformers are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance?

YES

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ?

YES

DO NOT ALTER THE TEMPLATE! JUST ADD IN YOUR ANSWERS AS REQUIRED. FOLLOWING THIS ONE SIMPLE INSTRUCTION WILL LAND YOU 20,000 BONUS POINTS :)

• Like 1

i am not touching my answer sheet yet, but is it too late to make edits?  If not I totally understand.  I am just lucky to get this in at 11:59 pm.  Thank you to all the professors who created this.  What a challenge this was.  This honestly feels like a summer box office college course. 

if it is possible, i would like to change the No heroes left behind international choices to:

Brazil - pirates

Mexico - despicable

S Korea- transformers

Russia - Pirates

Italy - despicable

Australia - despicable

Edited by Matrix4You