franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | It’s got the PETA seal of quality!

On 5/15/2023 at 5:44 PM, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not saying the MCU is dead, far from it. What I’m saying is that James Gunn, the Russo Bros. and Markus and McFeely leaving almost back to back since Endgame leaves an enormous power vacuum. 

I don’t trust Loveness with Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars either. I wasn’t a fan of his comic book writing back in the day and while I’m among those that don’t go that hard on Quantumania, I do think that one could argue that Peyton Reed did the best with the script and the budget he was given.

The MCU still has some of the greatest filmmakers and storytellers in the business working in these films. I loved Phase 4 a lot more than Phase 2, and WGA strike not withstanding, I’m hopeful for Phase 5 and 6. I think both Wakanda Forever and Shang-Chi delivered some of the most brutal and beautiful action choreography scenes in the superhero genre, both Phase 4 and Phase 5 have two of my favorite superhero films of all time with No Way Home and Vol. 3, but it’s undeniable that Gunn leaving the MCU leaves a void that needs to be filled. 

My understanding is yeah, let’s go for some new blood, I’m very excited with what Shawn Levy will bring with Deadpool 3, but we also need to get back the Russo Bros. and hopefully Jon Favreau too. I know that Favreau is busy with Star Wars, but maybe it’s time for a comeback in the next ten years.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Thanks for reading my BOT TED Talks, Kevin.

11 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Man another insane drop! It seems to have got a few shows from Fast X at my local theater. I bet Disney thinks they should have released it a week early in late April.

Think at least OS could have benefitted from that. Either way a great result!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Yeah, can't wait to see a solo Legendary Star Lord movie in 2029

Well technically Gunns exclusivity contract is only for four years, so if WB gets sold again and the new owner wants someone else...again, it's not crazy