franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | It’s got the PETA seal of quality!

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Regardless what anyone else may think, I thought V2 was awesome and can't wait for Part 3. Cat Stevens playing at the end of Part 2 was marvelous, and I can't wait to see the soundtrack for the next one

V2 was great. I really liked the character dynamic, and the appreciated that the theme of family was so prevalent. I hope V3 continues with that. Plus having another great soundtrack won't be bad either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I think vol 3 should definitely hit the 1B WW mark which vol 2 failed to do. 

Vol 2 was supposed to make a billion..... I feel they missed their best shot at a billion. 800 mil plus for this would be great. This is not the last Guardians film, is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Vol 2 was supposed to make a billion..... I feel they missed their best shot at a billion. 800 mil plus for this would be great. This is not the last Guardians film, is it?

I agree with that. If the sequel of a beloved film (IMO, the first one is the best of the whole MCU) was not able to explode, I do not see the threequel doing it.

I'd like to see how the Guardians ends up in volume 3 in the end. Every MCU 3rd entry of the character's franchise has some significant things happen to the main character, Iron Man 3 tony decided to toss his arc reactor from his chest into the ocean, Cap 3 with cap becoming a fugitive and Thor 3 where Thor loses his homeworld, his father and his eye.

Edited by DMan7

38 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

With the currently characters, it's the last movie

I could see them ditching Drax, Gamora and Mantis. The franchise will easily survive without them. They can easily be  replaced with superior characters IMO. 

39 minutes ago, Hades said:

I could see them ditching Drax, Gamora and Mantis. The franchise will easily survive without them. They can easily be  replaced with superior characters IMO. 

I think that too... but probably Marvel will find a way to create buzz, i think the 3rd movie will be the biggest, like Iron Man, Captain and Thor

10 hours ago, StevenG said:

Thor: Ragnarok

I think they are different cases.

Thor started quite low (for MCU standards). The sequel jumped a bit DOM (quality did not help) and it did an average amount in China for SH standards in 2013 (55 million). Most of the explosion of Ragnarok comes from USA (+$100m relative to Thor 2) and China (+$55m). But in the rest of the world, the jump between Thor 2 and Thor 3 has been of $44m, what means a mere 15% relative to Thor 2.

Guardians case is different since it has already reached high levels (for MCU standards) in both US and China. I can be wrong, but unless GOTG3 becomes amazing, I do not see too much room for growth.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2018 at 1:14 AM, DMan7 said:

I think vol 3 should definitely hit the 1B WW mark which vol 2 failed to do. 

it increased less than 100M. I think a lot of people (myself included) expected it to hit 1B, and was quite surprised when there was just so little growth from the first movie. I guess the first one just did so well it's hard to increase. unlike things like thor and cap which did half of GOTG to begin with so more room to expand.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:52 AM, Hades said:

Nah.

Drax is awesomely charming, and I bet they won't make the team even more of a sausage fest by getting rid of the only two women Guardians.

• Like 1