franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | It’s got the PETA seal of quality!

7 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

:WHATanabe:

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

THe second one underperformed????? :wintf:

Yep. Everyone said it was guaranteed to hit 1B because of how well liked the first one. It would have hit 1B if it had Kevin Bacon. FACT.

Well, I just looked into what the controversy was. Yeesh. I know it was in the past but he should've known better than to leave them up there.

Guardians of the Galaxy would be more aesthetically intriguing with a new voice anyways.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 3

The crazy thing about the James Gunn situation is that this stuff would’ve never resurfaced if it hadn’t been for the fact that he’s taken shots at prominent Conservatives. The tweets are disgusting, but it’s a little disturbing to think that random people on the Internet will dig up whatever dirt they can find on anyone who criticizes their icons. 

Anyway, we’ll have to wait and see what results from this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Lol Gunn isn't getting fired for some try-hard edgy tweets he made way back when. Unless there's actual allegations this will blow over by Monday. 

This. It's like when that one SNL cast member had racist jokes on her Twitter and was deleting them. Didn't cost her a spot on the show:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/new-snl-castmember-melissa-villasenor-offensive-tweets.html

• Like 1

His ‘jokes’ are disgusting and I’ve found him to be very obnoxious for a while now, but I really doubt they’ll cost him his job as the GotG3 director. He’ll apologize, delete the tweets, and move on. I’m glad he’s getting called out for them, but not sure why some expect him to be fired over those tweets.

6 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

His ‘jokes’ are disgusting and I’ve found him to be very obnoxious for a while now, but I really doubt they’ll cost him his job as the GotG3 director. He’ll apologize, delete the tweets, and move on. I’m glad he’s getting called out for them, but not sure why some expect him to be fired over those tweets.

The first two have already happened. The third remains to be seen. People like Mike Cernovich are attacking him, and Cernovich is the same guy who briefly got Sam Seder fired for an out of context tweet about Roman Polanski. 

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The first two have already happened. The third remains to be seen. People like Mike Cernovich are attacking him, and Cernovich is the same guy who briefly got Sam Seder fired for an out of context tweet about Roman Polanski. 

Admitted rapist Mike Cernovich being the champion behind this is what gets me icky about all of this. Wish one can criticize Gunn's tweets without the alt-right seizing the bandwagon.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 12