franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

14 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Hmm, it'll be delayed one year. Two tops. Late 2021 / Summer of 2022 is my bet.

What kind of lunacy is this?

When do you expect him to start filming?  While he's still working on Suicide Squad through mid 2021? I don't think so.  Absolute earliest is late 2022 at this point. 

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Haha 1

when the hell is this gonna get made. Production in 2022, release summer 2023?

At least, I suppose, MCU films can be spaced wide apart now thanks to crossover in other films. Guardians can pop up in any MCU film marvel chooses, and I imagine that they will, more likely than any other character.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/20/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-production-start-date/

According to a new listing from Production Weekly, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will begin production in February 2021 under the working title of "Hot Christmas," as previously reported.

While it's still nearly two years away, the 2021 date is likely the earliest Marvel Studios wanted to film the video for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, Gunn is still attached to Warner Brothers' The Suicide Squad, a movie that's not released until August 2021. With this production date, it's likely Gunn would wrap on his DCEU film before heading to Pinewood Studios in Atlanta to film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 — he'd then likely wrap Guardians before returning for the Suicide Squad press tour in the later Summer 2021 months.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 11:33 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

2. Will get Avengers boost which they were missing. More so in overseas though, especially Asia.

39 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

For whenever they are gonna release this movie (2022?) the Avengers effect would be a bit diluted i think. 

I think Charlie is right. After GOTG2 came out, they were in Infinity War and Endgame, two $2B movies. Seems like they would get a massive boost from those appearances.

And just think if some other Avenger pops in and says hello in GOTG3, someone like Thor or Captain Marvel.

13 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well there will be at least one Avengers movie before 2022, and renewed effect.

lol, after Endgame there aren't going to be any more Avengers-titled movies before 2022

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitik said:

I think Charlie is right. After GOTG2 came out, they were in Infinity War and Endgame, two $2B movies. Seems like they would get a massive boost from those appearances.

And just think if some other Avenger pops in and says hello in GOTG3, someone like Thor or Captain Marvel.

Ant-Man's been there too ... and AM2 didn't get that boost.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Ant-Man's been there too ... and AM2 didn't get that boost.

Actually no, Ant-Man was not in any Avengers movies before AM2. Endgame is his first Avengers appearance, so we’ll see if AM3 gets much of a bump (I think yes).

• Like 1

This will be tough to predict, because we don't know what the new Guardians will look like. 

IM3 isn't a good comparison due to the Avengers effect. It was the very next film in the MCU.

T:R isn't a good comparison because it added Hulk, and was complete redo on the previous films.

CA3 isn't a good comparison because it added half of the other Avengers.

IW isn't a good comparison because... obviously. It added the most anticipated villain in MCU history.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ChipMunky said:

This will be tough to predict, because we don't know what the new Guardians will look like. 

IM3 isn't a good comparison due to the Avengers effect. It was the very next film in the MCU.

T:R isn't a good comparison because it added Hulk, and was complete redo on the previous films.

IW isn't a good comparison because... obviously. It added the most anticipated villain in MCU history.

No comparison where it increases is good and all comparisons where it decreases are perfect. Thanks again mate 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

GotG3 will also have the Avengers effect.    

And when 3/4 of your comp dismissals boil down to “added more characters,” perhaps it’s time to consider that that’s the baseline for McU threequels, not outliers to be dismissed ;) 

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

GotG3 will also have the Avengers effect.    

And when 3/4 of your comp dismissals boil down to “added more characters,” perhaps it’s time to consider that that’s the baseline for McU threequels, not outliers to be dismissed ;) 

Which characters are they adding? I'm not talking like... random GOTG characters. I'm talking current Avengers that have a built in audience.