franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just saw the new trailer for this and uhhh, anyone who is not watching this in IMAX is gonna be watching this in the wrong aspect ratio. This looks very much not shot for scope.

I think he shot it with the same set up as on Suicide Squad, digital 1.91 IMAX for the entire film.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Buzz seems very low on this. I know the second was as liked as the first one but people just don’t seem to be interested. Even with the new trailers.

The guardians are my fav MCU thing but the trailers are so dour and downbeat, not really as hyped as I thought I'd be.

4 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

The guardians are my fav MCU thing but the trailers are so dour and downbeat, not really as hyped as I thought I'd be.

Granted they sitll got a few weeks, but still buzz and talk about this is not what it should be. 

I loved the first two and  hope I am wrong here but the "dissapointing third installment of a trilogy" thing is beginning to raise it ugly head.

Edited by dudalb

Odd comparison but this reminds me of Rush Hour 3. That was a threequel coming six years after the second....and it felt three years too late. Sure, it did fairly well but you could tell the public just didn't have the same level of interest. A little too much time had passed. In the end, I think this will do around what the first movie did.

Edited by RichWS

53 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I am starting to wonder if the 6 year gap between movies might actually hurt this film. How much of it is on the gap itself and how much is due to the mixed reception to other MCU projects, including ones the Guardians show up with, is another thing.

I do think the participation in other movies can hurt it 

While it´s been six years since vol 2 i feel the group is very present on MCU with IW than EG than Thor than the Holiday Special 

Maybe the audiences can feel the new movie is not so special because they literally saw then last year in a movie pretty much everyone was disappointed by 

8 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I do think the participation in other movies can hurt it 

While it´s been six years since vol 2 i feel the group is very present on MCU with IW than EG than Thor than the Holiday Special 

Maybe the audiences can feel the new movie is not so special because they literally saw then last year in a movie pretty much everyone was disappointed by 

Yeah. This. Featured heavily in AIW. Featured, though not all of them and mostly just Rocket, in AEG. Featured, though very, very briefly in TL&H. And, of course, the recent Christmas Special... Which was just made to be lighthearted smile and that's what it was... So, with that, it's not exactly a 6 year gap like it was from Rush Hour 2 to Rush Hour 3 as was mentioned.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Do we know when the review embargo is scheduled to lift? Hopefully they don't wait until the last minute like they have been doing?

Only thing we really know is that there have been some sites mentioned the red carpet on Thursday the 27th, which is when the social embargo usually drops for these movies. But no actual confirmation but it´s looking more and more likely that they will hold the embargo late. If the social embargo lifts the 27th then the review prob lifts Tuesday 2nd May like all of the recents MCU movies

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The gap definitely hurt it somewhat. But I think most people expect fun from Guardians and the marketing so far has been all about the "feels trip".

And I think that's not working b/c Gamora came back so, so easily, so death doesn't mean much in the Guardians, and even the relationships don't, b/c new Gamora just popped right in for old Gamora...

When death and relationships don't really matter, who cares if another person dies - they'll just be back in a multiverse way...

So, you might as well embrace the fun, and not the feels, and this has been doing the latter...

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And I think that's not working b/c Gamora came back so, so easily, so death doesn't mean much in the Guardians, and even the relationships don't, b/c new Gamora just popped right in for old Gamora...

When death and relationships don't really matter, who cares if another person dies - they'll just be back in a multiverse way...

So, you might as well embrace the fun, and not the feels, and this has been doing the latter...

Well, Gamora came back in literally the very next Avengers film after she died... It's not like Yondu is back... No sign of Tony Stark being back yet at least... No sign of Black Widow being back either yet... So, I'll say I agree but only to an extent...

One of the main reasons for this low interest in GOTG3 is Disney's stupid release dates. Ant-Man 3 should have gotten July or Nov date, GOTG3 should have gotten either February or December(in place of Star Wars) release date & The Marvels May date.  Starting phase 5 with Ant-Man 3 was a stupid idea; the movie damaged the hype and interest of both GOTG3 and The Marvels.