franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

3 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Nag,  the novelty of seeing Reeves take will have worn off.  It's the main reason most sequels go 👇 enough critically.  Critics and audience know what to expect so the atmosphere and the tone will be familiar.  I can see batman 2 going down

I can see The Batman 2 keeping the critic's interest with a scifi villain like Clayface or Mr Freeze.

Unless it´s a bug, back to 83% 

Top Critics at 68%, it does seems like they´re the ones holding it back, since they´re less maybe once only the normal critics are left, the general % will go up, let´s see

But yeah, i´m seeing a weird shift between the types of critics, the more audience driven ones are praising it which explains the good average, the prestige ones are very divided. Something similar happened with WF, to a lesser extent tho

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Unless it´s a bug, back to 83% 

Top Critics at 68%, it does seems like they´re the ones holding it back, since they´re less maybe once only the normal critics are left, the general % will go up, let´s see

But yeah, i´m seeing a weird shift between the types of critics, the more audience driven ones are praising it which explains the good average, the prestige ones are very divided. Something similar happened with WF, to a lesser extent tho

I'm very curious to see WOM from the fan screenings today. Anyway I don't think reviews will be a turnoff but probably won't boost the OW quite as much as I'd hoped. Think audience response could still be pretty strong though. 

Edit: IW top critic score was way stronger than I remember it being. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Nag,  the novelty of seeing Reeves take will have worn off.  It's the main reason most sequels go 👇 enough critically.  Critics and audience know what to expect so the atmosphere and the tone will be familiar.  I can see batman 2 going down

Hm, it can go down. But if the pace is improved and all the rest remain of the same quality or higher I don't see enough reason to fall.

6 minutes ago, Jeight said:

the novelty of seeing Reeves take will have worn off.  It's the main reason most sequels go 👇 enough critically

There are many examples that go the other way around though and Batman is in one of them. It can go either way, that is why I did not said it will do better, but that it can if pace issues are fixed and the rest stays at least as good.

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

WF had a pretty normal top critics to normal gap...weirdly this reminds of Infinity War in a way (not saying audience response will be at that level, but some of the more fanboy critics are absolutely raving). I'm very curious to see WOM from the fan screenings today. Anyway I don't think reviews will be a turnoff but probably won't boost the OW quite as much as I'd hoped. Think audience response could still be pretty strong though. 

Agreed, i don´t think people outside of twitter really thinks 80% or so is something bad, it´s just not good enough to hype it 

I can see the IW comparissons as well now that you mentioned it, a lot of people are saying is bombastic and with a lot going on, which was the complains with IW

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I'm very curious to see WOM from the fan screenings today. Anyway I don't think reviews will be a turnoff but probably won't boost the OW quite as much as I'd hoped. Think audience response could still be pretty strong though. 

Edit: IW top critic score was way stronger than I remember it being. 

Since they are free and hugely filled with fanbase, it will be higher than what paid tickets might say...you always think better of that which gave you a gift...so, it will only be somewhat useful...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Since they are free and hugely filled with fanbase, it will be higher than what paid tickets might say...you always think better of that which gave you a gift...so, it will only be somewhat useful...

Key thing to note is how they help amp up the ticket sales. We will know starting today and rest of its presale cycle. It has increase quite a bit to hit 20m previews and friday/sat have to ramp up even faster to have a good internal multiplier. All of it are still possible. 

For now I will stick with 18 prev/111 OW. I will update if presales are better than what I expect. 

22 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

Hm, it can go down. But if the pace is improved and all the rest remain of the same quality or higher I don't see enough reason to fall.

There are many examples that go the other way around though and Batman is in one of them. It can go either way, that is why I did not said it will do better, but that it can if pace issues are fixed and the rest stays at least as good.

Sure,  it can.  War of apes went up from Dawn so it's not out of this realm.  I'm just saying the novelty of seeing Reeves take and approach which can give a lot of enthusiasm is gone. People know exactly what tone, atmosphere and Parkinson's performance looks like whereas there was mystique with the first one

Just now, Lucas said:

The % and average rating already being lower than Vol. 2 does point to the trilogy ending up with a bit of a downward gap between each one.

Not necessarily, back in 2017 everyone have strong good will with MCU

It´s way harder now to get the same type of reviews, this have more to do with the perception of the franchise than with the movies 

WF is better than some movies that had way better reviews like Doctor Strange, Quantumania is just as bad as Thor 2 but only one got rotten. We´re living another time for SH genre 

• Like 1