franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

Really? I watched it and don't recall anything of significance happening in it

Seems it’s just the Mantis thing but honestly that’s in GotG2 as sub text so not sure why it’s made such a thing by the reviewer, maybe to trick me to watch another hour!

When it comes to comic book flicks, I do think reviewers are a bit over it, and in the process I feel like they are reviewing them in what feels like a more "accurate" way imo. At least when it comes to RT scores. A lot of them are super basic crowd pleasers, and I enjoy them. A lot. So we are now at the point where there are so many, it's no longer a novelty. I think The Batman is a much better film then something like Doctor Strange or Ant-Man and the Wasp. But their RT scores are from very different times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I'm fine with this finishing in the 80s on RT if it can sneak into the 70s on MC.

(also this spells trouble for Flash reviews, because that reaction was far more all over the place than this)

Was it? IMO based in reactions people who liked it, liked it with more intensity than Guardians and the people who disliked seemed harsher mostly because of all the "greatest superhero movie" claims.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Naturally, WOM from the fan screening is strong. Hopefully that ramps ups sales.

Fairly average RT relative to the first two.

will probably finish in the mid 70s, making it the weakest outing yet

Marvel's slow decline continues.

Edited by Halba

1 minute ago, Halba said:

Fairly average RT relative to the first two.

will probably finish in the low to mid 70s.

I´m not talking about that, I´m talking about the fan screenings they are doing today. Whether it´s good or not fans are most likely going to like it more and thus spread positive WOM which can help with sales.