franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | It’s got the PETA seal of quality!

10 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Okay lol you misunderstood my post. I meant getting someone established, like Wright, Bird, Lord/Miller, or anyone like that. I don't see the appeal for another big-shot director to want to take over this franchise. Someone like Peyton Reed prior to Ant-Man 1, sure, but people who are like "here are some big name directors who would be great for it" are seriously confused

Who wants to see Brad Bird or Lord&Miller direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3? lmao

Today Twitter.

Tomorrow, your Phone, E-Mails, connected devices etc

This century is gonna see so much progress happenning.

Be glad you are alive in those magnificent times.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Honestly, I recommend people do that every year,

And there you have it.

At my job we work for other companies and who we know like to check up on our staff to make sure nothing too scandalous pops off. Social media is the first place they would go. 

A ton of our new recruits have social media pages that list out who they were during University AND school. We like to find their most embarrassing tweets during their first week and print them in a “Congratulations on The New Job” Card. We suggest they delete/hide their old social media posts and accounts, and that is that.

• Like 1

Just cancel it. 

The MCU is over. Ant-Man opened to “only” $75M. GOTG3 doesn’t have a director. Kathleen Kennedy hasn’t been fired yet. The franchise is a mess. They should just quit while they’re still ahead before it comes crumbling down on them skyscraper style. 

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Honestly, I recommend people do that every year, just like they clean out their paper files at home.  Things change (both for you personally and for the world) and no one wants to have to defend social media posts from a decade ago that they don't even remember making...so don't.  I spend New Year's Day deleting most of my previous year's social media (it's a fun way to look back)...

It's why I'm surprised we don't have an "auto-delete" here for after a few years...20 years from now, most of what we write will probably be considered un-enlightened at best:)...

If people want to share stupid jokes and funny news, use whatsapp people smh... 

2 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

I'll wait patiently for Disney to fire RDJ for his drug problems in the past. :ph34r:

Hide contents

I didn't just steal that from twitter....

Hide contents

okay, I did.

shouldn't half of hollywood be fired then? 

At my orientation for medical school, they actually gave us an app to download (it was $6 but they paid for it) and actually asked us to use it in order to purge any social media accounts we had. They didn’t want anything to pop up from any of our accounts that would look bad on the school or force them to make a decision in terms of whether they’d have to dismiss us or not. It’s never happened but they said it’s a pre-caution thing. 

They told us to do it every single year before starting school again for the year but to also keep doing it well into our careers because while social media can be great, it can also come back and bite you in the ass. 

So while I don’t think the punishment fits the crime in Gunn’s situation, I’m shocked that people in his position or any celeb for that matter hasn’t been advised/told to do the same thing. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Just cancel it. 

The MCU is over. Ant-Man opened to “only” $75M. GOTG3 doesn’t have a director. Kathleen Kennedy hasn’t been fired yet. The franchise is a mess. They should just quit while they’re still ahead before it comes crumbling down on them skyscraper style. 

Just throw Captain Marvel and IW2 in the can. No one cares. Marvel is dead.

• Haha 1

Just now, Nova said:

At my orientation for medical school, they actually gave us an app to download (it was $6 but they paid for it) and actually asked us to use it in order to purge any social media accounts we had. They didn’t want anything to pop up from any of our accounts that would look bad on the school or force them to make a decision in terms of whether they’d have to dismiss us or not. It’s never happened but they said it’s a pre-caution thing. 

They told us to do it every single year before starting school again for the year but to also keep doing it well into our careers because while social media can be great, it can also come back and bite you in the ass. 

So while I don’t think the punishment fits the crime in Gunn’s situation, I’m shocked that people in his position or any celeb for that matter hasn’t been advised/told to do the same thing. 

Really, Gunn was fired more for incompetence than what he actually said. That stuff should have been cleared up a long time ago, like when he was hired by Disney.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Who wants to see Brad Bird or Lord&Miller direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3? lmao

Pretty sure it would be watched by more than 200m people. (what percentage of the people care who is the director when they watch franchise movies ? From those who care who does not like Bird or Lord&Miller to the point to not watch a Guardian sequel of a franchise they like ?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Just cancel it. 

Time to sell the MCU rights back to Paramount. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stephanos13 said:

The answer is yes.

No more Polanskis, No more Weinsteins, No more Kevin Spaceys, No More Woody Allen and so on...

Are you seriously equating RDJ’s drug problem with rapists and pedophiles? 

The fuck is wrong with you. 

• Like 15