franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | It’s got the PETA seal of quality!

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I wonder if they'll stick with the May slot.

I feel Disney might want that August record back and possibly have the first $150M+ OW in August, and do a Strange/Panther sequel or new character in May. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I wonder if they'll stick with the May slot.

Would make sense. It's the traditional Marvel tentpole slot.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I feel Disney might want that August record back and possibly have the first $150M+ OW in August, and do a Strange/Panther sequel or new character in May. 

Records don't really matter.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Eh. Marvel has a lot of tent poles at this point.

Well, looking at the films they've released, the majority of their sequels have fallen into the month of May. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?view=main&id=avengers.htm&sort=date&order=DESC&p=.htm

A May or July release wouldn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Well, looking at the films they've released, the majority of their sequels have fallen into the month of May. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?view=main&id=avengers.htm&sort=date&order=DESC&p=.htm

A May or July release wouldn't surprise me.

A July one would since they don't have one scheduled :ph34r:.

I think May is most likely but August wouldn't surprise me. Especially since they'll probably release a Star Wars thing in May and I feel like those might eat each other's business a little, more than a standard CBM would. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

A July one would since they don't have one scheduled :ph34r:.

I think May is most likely but August wouldn't surprise me. Especially since they'll probably release a Star Wars thing in May and I feel like those might eat each other's business a little, more than a standard CBM would. 

The untitled July Marvel movie is on the "Upcoming releases" sidebar.

The problem with August is that there's a WB event film coming out in August as well. They may not want too much direct competition.

A
U
G
U
S
T
7 Untitled Warner Bros. event film Warner Bros.  
TBA
TBA
[23]
Untitled Marvel Studios film Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Marvel Studios   Superhero, Action, Adventure
TBA
[7]
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, Durden said:

Exclusive: Adam Warlock Will Have a Role in 'Guardians 3'
And he’s not in Infinity War

http://www.slashfilm.com/adam-warlock-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

guardwarlock_0.jpg?itok=9Tp30ZPJ

Adam Warlock is the punch line of one of the post credit scenes  in GOTG 2. I don't think that is spoiler material.....

54 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

GOTG3 is already here: Thor: Ragnarok. 

:sadben:

That's the same kind of bullshit of people saying that Wonder Woman is just like Captain America, or that Justice League is just like The Avengers. Thor: Ragnarok is a Kirby extravaganza with influences of the Simonsons Ragnarok saga and sprinkles of Aaron's Thor and Pak's Hulk. I appreciate what they are doing a lot and people seem head over hills with it. Don't be that kind of fangirl, Cocho. :stop:

5 minutes ago, Hades said:

Making Thor 3 look like Guardians lite is a smart decision by Marvel. Guardians are way more liked than Thor and are a bigger draw. 

The cosmic side of Marvel was established to be colorful by BOTH Dark World and the GotG films. Saying that Ragnarok is like Guardians is an utter non-sense. 

The Dark World was not that colorful. It had less color and brightness than even the first Thor. The success of Guardians encouraged them to go full Kirby and spend more time in space than earth,  again its a good decision, no big deal. They have to go for what worked in Guardians.