Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

IDK I think Beauty and the Beast is gonna be alot more frontloaded than people think. These Disney fanatics are going crazy for this and I can see it bringing in alot of the same midnight crowd as Harry Potter and Twilight. 14 would kinda be disappointing if it performs like a relatively frontloaded movie and not a kids movie.

• Like 2

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

IDK I think Beauty and the Beast is gonna be alot more frontloaded than people think. These Disney fanatics are going crazy for this and I can see it bringing in alot of the same midnight crowd as Harry Potter and Twilight. 14 would kinda be disappointing if it performs like a relatively frontloaded movie and not a kids movie.

I see it doing around a 2.6x, but it's hard to say right now without WOM.

Just now, filmlover said:

It's bound to be backloaded somewhat since this is a pure family film (that is going to have an even bigger adult audience seeing it at the same time).

I'm not sure we can absolutely say that unless you're comparing it to the most frontloaded event movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

We shall see. I'm already seeing sellouts for Saturday.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, TelemAAchos said:

This doesn't affect either argument. If anything, it argues it's a heavily presale-driven movie, which might indicate greater frontloading.

At the same time, business becomes more spread out when the sellouts forces people to see it at a later time.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

At the same time, business becomes more spread out when the sellouts forces people to see it at a later time.

Unless those people have already rushed to pre-buy their tickets.

edit: I also think it's highly likely that Anaheim and Orlando (and to a lesser extent the great metropolitan areas of both) will significantly outperform the rest of the country.

• Like 1