Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

I just got out of goon part 2. For those of you who have seen the original this one is just as funny and it needs to be seen just for Liev schreiber's mullet.

So it looks like Beauty and the Beast is going to have an opening day well under New Moon and eclipse and Breaking Dawn Part 2. LOL. I guess it's not quite as popular as everyone thought it was going to be. 200 mill HAHAHA.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Aside from Power Rangers and the all over the place predictions for it, what is everyone else feeling for next weekend? Life is looking like a mediocre performer and CHiPs reeks of flop.

I think Life will do around 15M, though stellar reviews tomorrow could bump it up to 20M. CHiPs is going to bomb hard, though.

Btw does anybody feel like The Emoji Movie could actually do well? The concept is so ridiculous that it might actually generate some interest among audiences. I don't expect it to be a huge breakout, but Sausage Party numbers DOM wouldn't surprise me at all. But then again, it could also be a total flop. :lol: Who really knows?

Just now, miketheavenger said:

Btw does anybody feel like The Emoji Movie could actually do well? The concept is so ridiculous that it might actually generate some interest among audiences. I don't expect it to be a huge breakout, but Sausage Party numbers DOM wouldn't surprise me at all. But then again, it could also be a total flop. :lol: Who really knows?

I would have to wait for another trailer.

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

@75live i think youll love Goon 2.

Wyatt Russell is going to be a star one day. And TJ Miller kills it in this.

nice.  can't wait to see it when I can.  It isn't on my demand sadly, so I will have to wait

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

The sole inventive bone in that Emoji movies body is that they casted Sir Patrick Stewart as the Shit emoji

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I just got out of goon part 2. For those of you who have seen the original this one is just as funny and it needs to be seen just for Liev schreiber's mullet.

So it looks like Beauty and the Beast is going to have an opening day well under New Moon and eclipse and Breaking Dawn Part 2. LOL. I guess it's not quite as popular as everyone thought it was going to be. 200 mill HAHAHA.

I'm being very cautious not to have this attitude yet because I know how quickly things can change from past years. But if the low 60 number holds, the male demo is not coming out in droves to see this (like for a JW or Furious 7) and the presales were much stronger then the walk ups.

Everything can change in a page though and the WC could have a huge impact on that number in a few hours.

Edited by somebody85

This is bombing? My theater was sold out to the last seat. All ages. Applause. Best part - when dogshit trailer for Smurfs started, the whole row full of kids went to the bathroom.:rofl:

Cinderella was better. This was cute but way too chaste. Emma is perfect Belle, however. Perfect scrubbed, fresh-faced beauty. Overheard some woman that the Beast was hotter than the Prince. 

MVPs - on human side Evans of course, what a star presence. On enchanted side, Lumiere and Mrs Potts. Thompson deserves more love, she was fantastic. Lumiere and Cogsworth had such a great banter. 

Really bummed that such shit trailers were attached. With the exception of POTC, not a single decent thing. New Pixar skit got zero laughs.