Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

So who's gonna play the Octopus villain lady in the The Little Mermaid remake?  I got a few ideas but don't want to be accused of body shaming.

queen latifah, get on it hollywood

tumblr_inline_ogz012ZC5W1sionwd_500.gif

Edited by angeldelmito
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

So who's gonna play the Octopus villain lady in the The Little Mermaid remake?  I got a few ideas but don't want to be accused of body shaming.

Danny Devito in a wig

2 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

queen latifah, get on it hollywood

tumblr_inline_ogz012ZC5W1sionwd_500.gif

This also works

7 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

Her hair doesn't need to be red, man. 

The Dude doesnt have to his rug back either, man. But, u know, he wants it.

10 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

Her hair doesn't need to be red, man. 

I don't think it's the best idea to revamp things when the key to your appeal is nostalgia.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I don't think it's the best idea to revamp things when they key to your appeal is nostalgia.

They seem to be completely changing Mulan though lol. Shang's not even in it lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

Who was the second one...?

Spoiler

Some random dude who found himself in a dress when they all raided the castle and was like, okay cool. He's also the one dancing with LeFou in the very end I think.

Can't blame you for missing it though. I mean the entire gay element in BATB is of the blink and you'll miss it variety. There's like 7 seconds of it in total but now Disney can pat themselves on the back for being progressive without risking to lose any serious money. Call me when they make the lead character(s) in one of their movies openly gay and just tell the audience to deal with it, and don't smuggle it into a movie frame by frame.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

Good god, that's putting the bar so incredibly low.

Why not just give Han Solo frosted tips while you're at, you crazy person!?!?!

No but seriously, nostalgia is based primarily on recognition.

For 99% of people, Ariel is synonymous with red head mermaid.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Who was the second one...?

lefou was the first one but remember that scene where 3 guys were tryna get up the castle to the beast and the dresser was all like "i think the fuck not" and it opened up nd then a whole bunch of ribbons/clothing surrounded the men and made them look like girls? well while 2 of em were all mad nd shit the third one was FLAUNTING like

tumblr_inline_oa2fmoPDwx1qfemna_500.gif 

and then like in a final scene (the dance) you see him dancing with lefou

• Like 1

Why would Disney go out of their way NOT to make Ariel's hair red? There comes a point when it's just change for the sake of change. Like, why bother adapting something if you're not going to get certain distinctive details like that right? Not like she's the recognizable main character or anything...

• Like 4

If they opt to go with an actress in her 20s...the casting for Prince Eric should be very easy...

1408f786d37230cf21b4cc8a05ce6ff4.jpg

Alsi,i don't know Cavill's capabilities as a singer but he would also make a terrific Gaston.And he would make that "every inch of me is covered with hair" lyric justice.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ban1o said:

They seem to be completely changing Mulan though lol. Shang's not even in it lol. 

It needed revamping.

IMO the goofy comedy angle would just make the hero's journey uneven if you want to film to be taken somewhat seriously this time around.