Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Yeah JW gets trashed a lot now but that opening weekend there was more praise then bashing (much like TFA) soooo if this is anything to go by the people who love this now might not be saying the kindest things about it a few weeks from now.

That's why I never trust the GA past Flixster. And even then, it's like eh?

3 minutes ago, DisneyFanatic said:

What the hell is an Educated Cinephile? Isn't that illegal in many US states? 

I am sure they are pretty much self proclaimed rather like the majority of "critics" listed on RT.

I am sure it'll be "I hated it so call me educated". Again, very much forgetting the point of a movie is first and foremost to entertain!!! 

I low balled with $140m OW but now I believe $180 is definitely in play and we know it only needs a little adjustment to get to the $200m promised land. 

tumblr_l7jddhO8xa1qbzvbp.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DisneyFanatic said:

What the hell is an Educated Cinephile? Isn't that illegal in many US states? 

I am sure they are pretty much self proclaimed rather like the majority of "critics" listed on RT.

I am sure it'll be "I hated it so call me educated". Again, very much forgetting the point of a movie is first and foremost to entertain!!! 

I low balled with $140m OW but now I believe $180 is definitely in play and we know it only needs a little adjustment to get to the $200m promised land. 

I think you took something personally that wasn't supposed to be.

Also I hate when people use "but movies are just supposed to entertain and that's it!"  cop out. It really undersells what the medium is capable of. We have a great recent example with Get Out that films can be much more than just "entertainment." Hell, transcending beyond being just entertainment is what allowed the original non-copycat BatB to be the first animated film nominated for Best Picture.

But whatever people need to defend their arguments I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

Jurassic World was great and Tele is garbage. I bet he liked Jurassic Park III.

It's a cool movie to watch in the theaters.  Then you try and remember it a year later and can't even remember.

Honestly, the only movie that I think deserves its spot (critically speaking) in the top 5 domestic is Titanic.  Maybe The Force Awakens.

Just now, TelemAAchos said:

It's certainly better than JW.

If you must know, the release order of JP films is also the order of quality.

Could you answer my question ,please, really curious.

Thx.

:)

Just now, Mango said:

I think you took something personally that wasn't supposed to be.

Also I hate when people use "but movies are just supposed to entertain and that's it!"  cop out. It really undersells what the medium is capable of. We have a great recent example with Get Out that films can be much more than just "entertainment." Hell, transcending beyond being just entertainment is what allowed the original non-copycat BatB to be the first animated film nominated for Best Picture.

But whatever people need to defend their arguments I guess.

Fanboys. Why I'll never be one for any franchise (not even Star Wars - jesus some of those people are the worst). They will defend these properties like it's a sports team.

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Episode IX is gonna be rough :(

Nah. The studio isn't going to let the conclusion to this trilogy turn out badly. Everyone expected the worst with Edwards and R1 and we got a good movie out of that. Won't be any different here. 

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

It's a cool movie to watch in the theaters.  Then you try and remember it a year later and can't even remember.

Honestly, the only movie that I think deserves its spot (critically speaking) in the top 5 domestic is Titanic.  Maybe The Force Awakens.

I felt like I was stuck in a bear trap.

• Like 2