Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

This has been a fun thread to follow while I watched rise of the planet of the apes, finally got my kids to watch it and they loved it. Onto the next one tomorrow before we see Batb( my kids want to see kong again but the wife over ruled us lol). 

• Like 2

Saw Kong. Way better than JW and Godzilla. Great Action and it's a fun popcorn flick beginning to end, despite story problems and forgettable characters. C+

12 minutes ago, franfar said:

Emoji and Ninjago both under 100m DOM

Valerian DOM < BatB previews

Emoji (thanks to a barren August) and Ninjago can do over $100M Domestic.

Variety 

"UPDATED: “Beauty and the Beast” is already having a magical weekend at the nation’s multiplexes with an estimated opening of upwards of $165 million already in sight, estimates showed Friday. 

Disney indicated on Friday afternoon that it expects the live-action musical to finish in a range between $140 million to $155 million, before raising projections to $155 million to $165 million in the evening.

“Beauty and the Beast” had already banked nearly $40 million at noon PDT with pre-sales and a stellar $16.3 million from Thursday night previews. The first-day total approached $60 million to $63 million in the evening."

• Like 6

Just now, Harley said:

Variety 

"UPDATED: “Beauty and the Beast” is already having a magical weekend at the nation’s multiplexes with an estimated opening of upwards of $165 million already in sight, estimates showed Friday. 

Disney indicated on Friday afternoon that it expects the live-action musical to finish in a range between $140 million to $155 million, before raising projections to $155 million to $165 million in the evening.

“Beauty and the Beast” had already banked nearly $40 million at noon PDT with pre-sales and a stellar $16.3 million from Thursday night previews. The first-day total approached $60 million to $63 million in the evening."

I feel like that last tidbit was taken from here ?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

300g667434.gif

Jurassic World was almost as enjoyable as Kong. Godzilla was kind of boring at first but started to get good around act 3