Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Amazing for 'Beauty and the Beast', it'll hit 155-170M OW and should close around 430-500M DOM. This is absolutely going to be in #1 spot until 'Star Wars'.

Such a great March: Logan (88M/225M), 'Kong: Skull Island' (61M/160M), 'B&TB' (160M/475M). I think either 'Power Rangers' or 'GiTS' will bomb, or maybe both...

My personal rank for Disney Live-Action Adaptations: 

1. Beauty and the Beast  

2. The Jungle Book

3. Cinderella 

4. Maleficent 

5. Alice in Wonderland 

6. Oz: The Great and Powerful

So excited for 'Mulan', 'Aladdin' and 'The Lion King', also a Little Mermaid live action movie could do +400M as well, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Logan would've crawled past DOFP and TLS for highest grossing X-Men movie if it weren't for that giant monkey and Emma Watson.  Shucks.

Ok, The Coon. (He's saying shit like this on the Blu-Ray forums :lol: )

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It is literally 3:44pm eastern and 12:44pm on the west coast.  Nobody knows a single thing unless they are a magician.  

You're saying you aren't?!

You have let me down, sir.

2 hours ago, davincicode1 said:

No, what I am saying is that certain people tend to act like they are unimpressed by BO stats of pro-black movies 

Name one. 

Everyone here has been jizzing over GOs improbable run.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Logan would've crawled past DOFP and TLS for highest grossing X-Men movie if it weren't for that giant monkey and Emma Watson.  Shucks.

Logan is R rated and is actually cheaper than both DOFP and TLS.  Its performance has been impressive, given its huge competition. In the long haul, it's performing better than the X-Men franchise.

It's gonna be at 500 million worldwide, by this weekend. Logan has nothing to prove. It's a huge sucess. 

I can't say the same about Mr Kong. It's insanely expensive and it also has to face a lot of competition. Peter Jackson's movie made 550 million worldwide, and that was 12 years ago, with cheaper tickets. People thought 550 million a disappointing figure 12 years ago, so I can't imagine people celebrating Kong's sucess if it makes less worldwide than a movie released 12 freaking yars ago. 

• Like 1