Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, Noctis said:

That's not possible. Do you follow domestic box office? Because $70m would be completely unprecedented. 

A slight increase from Friday has been discussed here though...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I want to die.

I feel like you and Nostalgia Critic might be on the same page with this movie because they hated it. Like really really hated it. Pissed off the commenters with an opening rap about how bad it sucks (Dougs words not mine). Never seen him that upset over a movie before and he loved the original.

• Like 1

Just now, somebody85 said:

I feel like you and Nostalgia Critic might be on the same page with this movie because they hated it. Like really really hated it. Pissed off the commenters with an opening rap about how bad it sucks (Dougs words not mine). Never seen him that upset over a movie before and he loved the original.

Doug Walker reminds me of that hipster who says stuff just to piss people off. He doesn't like anything tbh

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

That's not possible. Do you follow domestic box office? Because $70m would be completely unprecedented. 

See that's what I was saying before, but I've just been thinking that we could see something unprecedented if it roughly follows the same pattern as the last wildly successful live action Disney fairy tale: THE JUNGLE BOOK. That movie also had a relatively small opening day considering its $103.3M opening weekend and its Saturday gross rose 27.5% from Friday. Now, that's not likely to happen with BatB, as that would mean a ridiculous $80M+ Saturday, but we still could see an unusually high Saturday gross.

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

A slight increase when taking out previews.

Well. Yeah. Isn't $60M somewhat expected today? If so, that's a pretty significant increase sans previews. $12M, right?

I just figured the matinees will kill today and Saturday evening numbers are always huge. Probably won't get 70. I would not be surprised at all by around 65 though.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Well. Yeah. Isn't $60M somewhat expected today? If so, that's a pretty significant increase sans previews. $12M, right?

I just figured the matinees will kill today and Saturday evening numbers are always huge. Probably won't get 70. I would not be surprised at all by around 65 though.

I'd be stunned with $65m. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I don't understand why people report this that this stuff anymore like it's so shocking. The movie is going to make 60 freaking million dollars today or close to it. Of course there are going to be lots of sell outs and of course there are going to be long lines.

Hardly anyone in the GA knows or even cares BatB is making $60 million today.

Edited by PDC1987

The absolute best-case scenario would be a true Friday increase similar to the Jungle Book, which would still have BatB just missing $70m ($69.7m). I could see an increase similar to Cinderella's, though, which would net it around $62m today. Of course, its numbers are so high that it's hard to compare BatB to anything.

Edited by Eevin
  • Like 1