Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Anyway I watched the original again last night (for like the 20th time) and can never see that magic being replicated or improved. The animation still looks incredible in 1080, the pacing is perfect and the movie flies by. The only area where it could have been expanded was the third act and it never hurts the film because the whole thing moves so quickly.

So this remake isn't for me. And it pisses me off to see teens on Twitter calling this version better then the original when it's basically an expanded version of the same thing. I have the same problem with the Halloween remake but at least that did try to do something different. So in that aspect, that means they like a completely different movie then what the original was (as bad as it is) so I can be more accepting of that opinion even though I strongly disagree. Same thing with Ghostbusters.

This is not that though. Seeing comments like "This was so much better then the original!" is why I hate that it even exists. If it didn't, no one could compare them. Hand drawn animation is a dying art form and that was so groundbreaking for it's time (and still is). 

Cogsworth: "If it isn't baroque, don't fix it."

The Friday number is what I expected, and I also think it will jump today but think many are over predicting it as usual.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Doug Walker reminds me of that hipster who says stuff just to piss people off. He doesn't like anything tbh

He does come off that way sometimes but he definitely doesn't hate everything. Besides complaining about the pandering stuff, he liked Zootopia. And he also really liked Moana I believe.

In the video they aren't just bashing the remake to bash it. They are giving in depth reasons why they hated it so I'll at least give them that. Like the editing when compared to the original.

But beware spoilers if you watch it.

Edited by somebody85

22 minutes ago, franfar said:

A slight increase from Friday has been discussed here though...

It made 48 million on Friday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I see Power Rangers opening to 30-35m. I think Kong captured that audience and will have a great hold next weekend. Anything before BatB is safe, everything after it is doomed till FF8.

Boss Baby will make bank though.

14 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Hardly anyone in the GA knows or even cares BatB is making $60 million today.

People here do.

Im saying i dont understand why posters here report long lines.

This, this is going to be an absolute Beast.

When I went to see it earlier today, I had to wait in a huge line for us to be let in. When I left, there was a huge line at each of the 5 auditoriums showing the film, some of them going outside the theater. And nearly every time was sold out

Oddly enough, the one I went to had reserved seats for a little girl's birthday party and EVERYONE was bitching about that, because they took the best seats in the auditorium. And there were about 50-60 seats taken (in a 180-250 seat auditorium)

Beauty and the Beast over here is playing more female than over in the USA it seems. Logan's shows are still very full over here and it feels like the audience is very split between these 2 movies based on sex.

On a side note just re-watched Ghost Rider 2 and wow, what a trashy movie. Fun ride though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

People here do.

Im saying i dont understand why posters here report long lines.

And again because Deadline reported walk up ticket buyers will decide if it breaks the record. I just figured some people might want to know if there is a wait.  Earlier prediction in this thread doubted it would hit the 60m mark date. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

Not grumpy at all today. I transcended to a higher plane. 

Then there is nothing good to look forward to here today. 

• Like 2