Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Jesus Christ, Looks like people where right who were saying it's gonna destroy $1 billion. I really didn't think this would happen, but kudos to the ones who called it. Although I'm kinda mad that Disney is going to have another monster hit as if they aren't already successful enough. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Disney at all (most of their recent films have been at least good, if not great), but I just think one studio dominating the market like this is not good for the overall situation.

Up to the others to step it up! When it seems like the biggest franchise outside of Disney at the mo is Minnions/Despicable Me then that says it all.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Seriously, dude? Are you mocking people for actually enjoying some of the better-received Disney live action remakes?

Yeah, right! Coming from the same guy who predicted $280M for Finding Dory. Lower 200M for The Jungle Book & this film, Beauty and the Beast. Hell, you were the same guy who said that Force Awakens wasn't gonna top Avatar.

The one thing that's piss poor is your attitude, intelligence and your apathy against those big movies. No wonder why you don't often comment as much.....and is getting more wrong & dumber at being right at something.

BK007, everyone. The King of idiocy! ?

It might come as a surprise, but some people actially find Disney’s whole stable of ”Princess” family entertainment cringe-worthy, intellectually lazy, and just plain awful. That does not make them idiots. Also, why do you care that someone dislikes something you like? 

• Like 2

What's wrong with "princess" family entertainment? There's huge audience for that. If you think that abolishing Princess and enforcing Black Widow type of entertainment is going to re-program the audience, you are wrong. Different people like different things and won't stop liking different things. Some stuff has wider appeal than the other. Both can be successful but there's no point going "why this is bigger than that?" Princess Entertainment will always be big cause princess is the staple of fairytales and fairytales are children's first entry into story-telling. You'd have to ban those classic books first to get rid of the entertainment altogether.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Disney cannibalizes itself like no other studio, and they laugh about it afterwards...all the way to the bank.

The worst thing for Disney would be to buy or create other studios, with so many movies that would be too much. Disney seriouslmy should invest in videogames to create a videogames giant, with all these franchises and this treasury they could be very successful. Diversifying is key and that would give them even more money, they could easily top Ubi Soft, EA and Activision. They don't have to create consoles because it's costly, jsut developing videogames on all supports. Disney has so much potential in that sector, it's raging.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

We need to see what the movie looks like first, The Lion King is not like the other live action movies, there are no human or real actors there. So many things could go wrong.....The Lion King is my favorite animated movie ever, I'll be very demanding about that one, that's a myth and this adaptation must respect the original.

Jungle Book has been a good training. It has a human, but most of characters are animals and it already grossed (nearly) 1 billion. And Lion King IS THE MOVIE. Jungle Book has been praised along 50 years, but I think Lion King is the adaptation that more enthusiasm can create right now. And I am not suspect. It is not even in my top 10 of animated films, and I get your fear because a possible quality disappointment, but if there is a film with that gigantic potential is Lion King.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

It might come as a surprise, but some people actially find Disney’s whole stable of ”Princess” family entertainment cringe-worthy, intellectually lazy, and just plain awful. That does not make them idiots. Also, why do you care that someone dislikes something you like? 

It's not really that....it's just his attitude against blockbusters in general that cringes me a bit.

The fact that his low box office predictions only reflects his failing strategy.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, peludo said:

Jungle Book has been a good training. It has a human, but most of characters are animals and it already grossed (nearly) 1 billion. And Lion King IS THE MOVIE. Jungle Book has been praised along 50 years, but I think Lion King is the adaptation that more enthusiasm can create right now. And I am not suspect. It is not even in my top 10 of animated films, and I get your fear because a possible quality disappointment, but if there is a film with that gigantic potential is Lion King.

You disappoint me :(:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Um....Alice says hi there. That film did it first, back in 2010. $1.025B WW, that film made.

I meant the overall monthly calender grosses (dom) for March

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1