Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

I'm willing to guarantee you right now Disney is talking to both Guy Ritchie (Aladdin) and Jon Favreau (Lion King) and mandating that all the songs be included.

Do they have a musical background like Condon? If not then is it a good idea to make those movies musicals?

Just now, filmlover said:

I still don't understand why Disney chose Guy Ritchie of all people to make their Aladdin remake. Wut lol. Although I guess he's basically their yes man, especially with the impending failure for King Arthur.

A Guy Ritchie Aladdin could be different unlike the remake just released.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The worst thing for Disney would be to buy or create other studios, with so many movies that would be too much. Disney seriouslmy should invest in videogames to create a videogames giant, with all these franchises and this treasury they could be very successful. Diversifying is key and that would give them even more money, they could easily top Ubi Soft, EA and Activision. They don't have to create consoles because it's costly, jsut developing videogames on all supports. Disney has so much potential in that sector, it's raging.

They tried that. It failed. Now WB is putting games based on Cars and Guardians out while EA is screwing Star Wars

6 minutes ago, Harley said:

Do they have a musical background like Condon? If not then is it a good idea to make those movies musicals?

Jon's Jungle Book had touchings of musical moments in them. And since Lion King is fully CGI, they can go all out and that's what the storyboard artists and animators are for.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

32 minutes ago, YourMother said:

So.... you are into bestiality.

LOL, I read the review that basically said "there's a freak out about the gay content but nobody bats an eyelash over Belle getting it on with the bison-gorilla hybrid." :rofl:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, I read the review that basically said "there's a freak out about the gay content but nobody bats an eyelash over Belle getting it on with the bison-gorilla hybrid." :rofl:

Even though I am a Christian, they confuse me.

I am still waiting for the Little Mermaid movie made by Disney. That has way more potential live action than Lion King. The lack of an human element will hurt Lion King.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

The lLion King not including The Circle of Life would feel like half a movie,honestly.

True, also they need Be Prepared and Hakuna Matata.

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What BatB number do you guys guess for Sunday?

I would be happy with everything that gives it an OW of 170+ M...thus giving it the March Record,Pre-Summer Record and Emms Watson record.

Don't get me wrong i love both BvS and HP7.2 but it's always nice seeing another movie that you loved as well making huge bussiness.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

I am still waiting for the Little Mermaid movie made by Disney. That has way more potential live action than Lion King. The lack of an human element will hurt Lion King.

Think it'll just be photo realistic CGI.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

A Guy Ritchie Aladdin could be different unlike the remake just released.

Nah, these things are micromanaged by the corporation to the smallest detail. They won't allow any creatives flourishes that deviate from what's save. None of the live action remakes fixed what ain't broken and Aladdin will be no exception. They just like to have a star director attached to create illusion of creative freedom.  

Another Box Office Dream I had.

Ninjago gets decent reviews (78% I think) and everyone is calling the next flop, it gets an early release in China and pulls in a $45M OW. Then in here (North America) it does a $70M OW, with the same international numbers as an Illumination film.

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What BatB number do you guys guess for Sunday?

Probably around $50M. The spillover from Saturday should be big.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am still waiting for the Little Mermaid movie made by Disney.

Chloe Grace Moretz is waiting for the phone call. ;)

• Like 1

Lion King's going to be gigantic though not as giagntic as some over-predictions (2 billion). Wasn't the re-release a huge hit too?

Aladdin's going to be Moana to Batb"s Frozen.

Wasn't Joe Wright attached to the Little Mermaid project once upon a time? 

Edited by Valonqar