kayumanggi

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story Of The Horse Soldiers | Formerly known as Horse Soldiers | 19.01.18 | Warner Brothers | Nicolai Fuglsig directing | Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon, Trevonte Rhodes, Michael Pena, Austin Stowell and Rob Riggle

Hmm...

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This shit looks so bad. I don't know how Michael Shannon ended up in a right wing propaganda film either, considering his views. I don't think it makes much money, either.

I'm a big neighsayer with this one. 

Because actors need to work? Military films have also been a staple of the industry since its beginning so I fail to understand why everyone is up in arms about it being propaganda. Not like they didn't make films like this during Obama's tenure (that one from 2014 or so along with Sniper comes to mind.) 

• Like 3

Just now, narniadis said:

Because actors need to work? Military films have also been a staple of the industry since its beginning so I fail to understand why everyone is up in arms about it being propaganda. Not like they didn't make films like this during Obama's tenure (that one from 2014 or so along with Sniper comes to mind.) 

Oh yea I mean I'm not like blaming this movie on Trump or anything. Don't know where you got that from. I'm only half serious anyway, I know why he ended up in this movie and it's fine. I do think movies like this are crap that turn a devastating, complicated war into a fucking glorious action movie. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh yea I mean I'm not like blaming this movie on Trump or anything. Don't know where you got that from. I'm only half serious anyway, I know why he ended up in this movie and it's fine. I do think movies like this are crap that turn a devastating, complicated war into a fucking glorious action movie. 

But that is what movies do. Take terrible things and make entertainment out of them. Sometimes it works or in the case of most Bush era anti the war films they flop. And I wasn't meaning for you to feel singled out, the feeling in the thread by several posters could give the impression it was made to host the pres. Or at least support the right wing as you so aptly named it. I just get weary of the needles debate that ultimately boils down to personal taste and semantics. The people who will view this film are an underserved demo graphic and stories about beating the odds always have an audience, even with a war setting. 

That being said, I have no interest and could care less how the film performs outside of wanting the box office to succeed in general

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This shit looks so bad. I don't know how Michael Shannon ended up in a right wing propaganda film either, considering his views. I don't think it makes much money, either.

I'm a big neighsayer with this one. 

Can’t wait for the inevitable scene in the movie where they defeat the bad guys while patriotic music plays in the background.  With an American flag in the scene too.

• Like 1