kayumanggi

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story Of The Horse Soldiers | Formerly known as Horse Soldiers | 19.01.18 | Warner Brothers | Nicolai Fuglsig directing | Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon, Trevonte Rhodes, Michael Pena, Austin Stowell and Rob Riggle

On 10/6/2017 at 10:37 AM, aabattery said:

I predict a domestic total of $79,884,879.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:04 AM, aabattery said:

I have a precise methodology. I've averaged the dom. grosses of all war horse films; my prediction is thus 100% accurate.

but wait... war horse was about a single war horse this movie is apparently about 12 war horses. surely we should be looking at a number around something like $958,618,548 instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

but wait... war horse was about a single war horse this movie is apparently about 12 war horses. surely we should be looking at a number around something like $958,618,548 instead.

Surely there's diminishing returns though, right? Plus it seems that this time there's only one guy wanting to fuck each horse rather than 12 guys wanting to fuck one horse. 

Hard to know. I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Surely there's diminishing returns though, right?

Doubt it.  People have been clamoring for another war horse movie for a while.  In fact if we adjust for inflation then this movie should make roughly $1,080,001,200.  add in IMAX grosses and we could be looking at $1.1B+

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's a January release, so no

Thought so, but still wanted to ask to be sure.

About this whole name-change thing, both names sound pretty lame. "Horse Soldiers" is quite funny when you realise the movie is actually about soldiers on horses, and "12 Strong" just doesn't sound right.

I read the plot summary of War Horse on Wikipedia and counted 12 characters who wanted to bone the horse in it. This doesn't seem like a coincidence so I'm going to assume the box office take is directly proportional to the number of characters who want to get down and dirty with a horse. Basically, my prediction is still $79,884,879.

Edited by aabattery

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I read the plot summary of War Horse on Wikipedia and counted 12 characters who wanted to bone the horse in it. This doesn't seem like a coincidence so I'm going to assume the box office take is directly proportional to the number of characters who want to get down and dirty with a horse. Basically, my prediction is still $79,884,879.

But there are 12 horses in the film.  Surely there has to be some box office potential with the surplus of horses in here, right?

Just now, That One Guy said:

But there are 12 horses in the film.  Surely there has to be some box office potential with the surplus of horses in here, right?

As far as I can tell it's only one guy per horse. Feel like that'll really limit the film.

Granted, I am assuming each horse soldier is monogamous to his horse. If that's not the case, then it's a whole different ball game.

Just now, aabattery said:

As far as I can tell it's only one guy per horse. Feel like that'll really limit the film.

Granted, I am assuming each horse soldier is monogamous to his horse. If that's not the case, then it's a whole different ball game.

With all the horses and humans in there though, they probably would have tried a horse three(four?)way at one point or another.  That alone will increase box office potential, especially if they highlight said relationship in the trailers.  Maybe only double War Horse, but that would still be good for nearly $200M with inflation and IMAX prices accounted for.

• Like 1