grim22

Dolittle | Jan 17 2020 | Universal | 16% RT | Winner of the Kids Choice Award!

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lol this is... unprecedented....

all of the UK critic screenings just got completely cancelled. At 11pm on a Thursday night haha.

Lol at this point i expect to wake up tomorrow morning to the news that Universal canceled the release and ordered all copies of the film burned.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Outside of the tiger sequence, this movie was an apocalyptic misfire

Reveal hidden contents

This coming from the guy that loves Michael Bay's Transformers films.

"This coming from the guy that loves Michael Bay's Transformers films."

Man...now I really gotta see this masterpiece called "Dolittle"...

14 hours ago, Valonqar said:

RDJ's actual quote about indies. he isn't wrong. his take on them is much more realsitic and much less romanticized:

“No,” said Downey Jr. “Because they’re exhausting and sometimes they suck and then you just go, ‘What was I thinking?’

“But I’m interested in doing all different kinds of movies. Sometimes the little movies are the ones that wind up taking the most out of you because they’re like, ‘Hey, man, we’re just running a couple of days behind. Do you think you can stay through your birthday and then come back on the fourth of July? And, by the way, like the crew – can you pay for the craft services?’”

“‘And, oh, by the way, man, when we go to Sundance, it’s like, can we just sit you in a chair and you can sell this for six days in a row so that we’ll make 180 bucks when it opens in one theater? God, this is so powerful what we’re doing. What do you think of the movie? You saw it last night?’”

“I thought it’s mediocre.”

“‘Yeah, isn’t it the greatest? Man, everyone’s an artist here.’”

“Actually, most of you are kind of inexperienced and lame.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/may/01/robert-downey-jr-indie-movies-exhausting-and-sometimes-suck

I have nothing against indie films whatsoever, but God I love this! Another Hollywood realist. 

Respect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lol this is... unprecedented....

all of the UK critic screenings just got completely cancelled. At 11pm on a Thursday night haha.

Makes sense, they fear spoilers. Too many reviews already give away the twists and turns of this movie.

14 hours ago, JustWatching said:

Lol at this point i expect to wake up tomorrow morning to the news that Universal canceled the release and ordered all copies of the film burned.

That's what United Artist did in 1980 with "Heaven's Gate.": pulled the film from release after it's got mercilessly panned by the critics to be recut.

It was one of the dumbest moves in Hollywood history...it got massive publicity and proclaimed to the whole world that UA had a disaster on it's hands.

if they had just let it bomb normally, it would still  have hurt but the studio would have survived;but the pulling from release gave such an image of  inept studio management it led to the de facto demise of the studio and it's merger with MGM.

• Like 3