grim22

Dolittle | Jan 17 2020 | Universal | 16% RT | Winner of the Kids Choice Award!

This seems a bit too boisterous and fantastical, especially considering how simple the original Dr Doolittle was. I liked the Eddie Murphy version and found it charming in places, just a guy who has the ability to talk to animals and comedy ensues. Not really sure where they're going with this one, it might be a train wreck or a "so bad it's good" type of thing.

36 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Edit: I see someone already beat me to this

How the fuck did both Dr Dolittle movies have disastrous productions? At least the first Dr Dolittle movie was using real animals that caused the chaos, this is just crazy luck that this movie would also have a disastrous prodcuction

2 hours ago, clockwork said:

This seems a bit too boisterous and fantastical, especially considering how simple the original Dr Doolittle was. I liked the Eddie Murphy version and found it charming in places, just a guy who has the ability to talk to animals and comedy ensues. Not really sure where they're going with this one, it might be a train wreck or a "so bad it's good" type of thing.

Looks like adaption of The Voyage of Doctor Doolittle

From the reactions here I thought it would look far worse than it does. and from the backstories of the production is should be an absolute disaster (how in hell did that director get hired in the first place?) .... but it  looks kind of fun.  Then I'm a sucker for RDJ and I loved the books as a kid.  That said it better have a pushmi-pullyu.

19 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i wonder if it's just the scenes in the trailer or if RDJ's gonna whisper his way through that entire performance to try and hide that accent he's wrestling with.

Following in Redmayne's footsteps from Jupiter Ascending? Razzie Downey Jr.?

• Disbelief 1