grim22

Dolittle | Jan 17 2020 | Universal | 16% RT | Winner of the Kids Choice Award!

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

Your daily reminder that people are loving the trailer. almost 400k likes in 3 days. This is doing 200M imo

It'll make $200m in the same way Goldfinch made $100m. So really it's making... $10.6m domestic

• Haha 2

It's doing very well for a family film - though how much is over boosted by MCU fandom is the question.  But it's not as if The Rock doesn't have a fandom

Dolittle: 4 days

YT Main Universal Channel 15,839,568 views / 393k likes/ 14k dislikes / 27,493 comments

Universal Twitter : 7.97m views

Official Facebook:  7,588,922 Views

RDJ's FB:  3,135,529 views

RDJ's Instagram: 6.7m views

Comps:

Jungle Cruise - 6 days

YT Main Disney - 3,423,914 views / 32k likes/ 2.9k dislikes /4.259k comments 

Official Facebook: 6.8m views

Official Twitter: 5.8m views

Rock FB: 973,708 Views

Rock Insta: 6.6m

Jumanji: Next Level - 4 months (July 1)
YT Main Sony Channel:  28,192,163 views / 219k likes /8.5k dislikes/ 9.6k  comments
Official FB:  10,584,983 Views
Official Twitter: 6.52m views
(too many Rock posts to scroll through for his FB and Insta)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's doing very well for a family film - though how much is over boosted by MCU fandom is the question.  But it's not as if The Rock doesn't have a fandom

Dolittle: 4 days

YT Main Universal Channel 15,839,568 views / 393k likes/ 14k dislikes / 27,493 comments

Universal Twitter : 7.97m views

Official Facebook:  7,588,922 Views

RDJ's FB:  3,135,529 views

RDJ's Instagram: 6.7m views

Comps:

Jungle Cruise - 6 days

YT Main Disney - 3,423,914 views / 32k likes/ 2.9k dislikes /4.259k comments 

Official Facebook: 6.8m views

Official Twitter: 5.8m views

Rock FB: 973,708 Views

Rock Insta: 6.6m

Jumanji: Next Level - 4 months (July 1)
YT Main Sony Channel:  28,192,163 views / 219k likes /8.5k dislikes/ 9.6k  comments
Official FB:  10,584,983 Views
Official Twitter: 6.52m views
(too many Rock posts to scroll through for his FB and Insta)

Jungle Cruise has 6mil and Jumanji has 32mil on the Rocks youtube page.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TMP said:

It'll make $200m in the same way Goldfinch made $100m. So really it's making... $10.6m domestic

To me the dead giveaway is that a movie the screams "Family Movie for  Holiday Release " opens in January. If the studio thought it was that good, they would open it in the Holidays.

I suspect it will repeat what happened with the 1967 film.

And, yeah, I note that ANY movie will get some people here saying it will be a big hit.

As for RDJ and the Marvel fans, they did not turn out for that courtroom drama RDJ did a couple of years back. I don't think they will turn out just because RDJ is in it.

Edited by dudalb

52 minutes ago, dudalb said:

To me the dead giveaway is that a movie the screams "Family Movie for  Holiday Release " opens in January. If the studio thought it was that good, they would open it in the Holidays.

I suspect it will repeat what happened with the 1967 film.

And, yeah, I note that ANY movie will get some people here saying it will be a big hit.

As for RDJ and the Marvel fans, they did not turn out for that courtroom drama RDJ did a couple of years back. I don't think they will turn out just because RDJ is in it.

Hardly applicable to a rated R family/courtroom drama where  RDJ cleans shit off Robert Duvall in the shower.   (though I quite liked the film and that scene was rather touching and very realistic)

I guess Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2 never counted...  hence we all saw what a big hit that Will Ferrell Holmes movies was. B)

I think only Alli has said it will be a big hit as opposed to the numerous people calling it a bomb.  It's not as if people here calling movies bombs that then made money hasn't happened either.  Cases in Point :   Jumanji, Aladdin & The Greatest Show On Earth  .  Though that probably means they should have kept it a musical.  :P    Speaking of which Universal has Cats in Dec so I guess they didn't  want competing CGI fur in the multiplex.

Edited by TalismanRing

https://www.boxofficepro.com/dolittle-jungle-cruise-charlies-angels-social-media/

The first trailers for Dolittle and Jungle Cruise were the biggest bits of news in what was a relatively slow week on social media. Tony Stark’s (aka Robert Downey Jr.’s) latest film Dolittle had a mixed start as many detractors railed on the decision to remake a beloved family classic yet again when its last incarnation—starring Eddie Murphy—was so well received. Regardless, all news is good news. The $175 million production needs all the help it can get to turn a profit.

Dolittle was the clear winner with 102,323 likes and 29,184 retweets over the week, far and away the biggest numbers in both categories.

• Thanks 1

remake a beloved family classic yet again when its last incarnation—starring Eddie Murphy—was so well received.

:rofl:   Classics?   Well received?  Adults who were then kids might remember them fondly but the Murphy movies are 43% & 42% on RT

Except for talking to animals the Murphy movies also have squat to do with the Doctor Dolittle books.

Yeah. I understand and agree with the criticisms, but I don't think the movie looks that bad. The filmmakers clearly treated it as an important project and their passion will likely shine through. Robert Downey Jr. will attract open-minded Marvel fans, older folks will mistake it for Oscar bait, and parents will take younger kids to see it if they aren't ready for the more action-oriented films. I'm predicting a subdued Greatest Showman situation.

All the pity watches and likes .... 17.75m views /430k likes

Now the #1 viewed U.S. film (those Indian films do consistently crazy numbers) YT trailer for the last month

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trailers&sp=CAMSBAgEEAE%3D

It might just be that a lot of people enjoy watching RDJ on screen and they're not going to get their new RDJ fix via IM any more so ...

Would I rather he had done that Linklater con man film that was being tossed around a couple of years ago - yes. 

Will I skip this even if reviews are bad - probably not. :ph34r:

• Like 1