Ezen Baklattan

SURV(IV)OR: Episode 2 - Laying the C.H.I.P.S. Down

35 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

You know...to this day I have no idea how the Derby is scored.

http://www.worldofkj.com/calculator.php

Essentially, go to here and type in your predictions vs the estimates/actuals/whatever number is most accurate at the time.

The scoring works as a percentage:

So work out your score and divide it by the actuals.

If your score is below 1 (as in you predicted lower than actuals) then just multiply your percentage by 100 to get your score for that question.

If you score is above 1 (you predicted too high), then do the following:

2 - (your prediction / actuals) and then multiply that number by 100 for your score. 

What this means is that predicting low is better than predicting high. Because nomatter how bad your prediction was, if you were low, you score some points. However if your prediction is more than double the actuals (most likely to happen when predicting low numbers like table last weekend), you will score zero. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

http://www.worldofkj.com/calculator.php

Essentially, go to here and type in your predictions vs the estimates/actuals/whatever number is most accurate at the time.

The scoring works as a percentage:

So work out your score and divide it by the actuals.

If your score is below 1 (as in you predicted lower than actuals) then just multiply your percentage by 100 to get your score for that question.

If you score is above 1 (you predicted too high), then do the following:

2 - (your prediction / actuals) and then multiply that number by 100 for your score. 

What this means is that predicting low is better than predicting high. Because nomatter how bad your prediction was, if you were low, you score some points. However if your prediction is more than double the actuals (most likely to happen when predicting low numbers like table last weekend), you will score zero. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

Funny thing is, I had Chips at exactly 7.1m before I compared it to Masterminds and decided that 2m of that movie's ow was due to Galifianakis/Wiig/Wilson combo, and since Chips had none of that "star power" I pred under 5m.

:bash:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

Additionally, expect a LOT of character development in this episode. Mostly intra-team relations, but a few more rounds will begin to expand the story!!!

Bracing for my inevitable romantic subplot with @Arlborn where I ultimately choose fame and fortune over our alliance 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

Additionally, expect a LOT of character development in this episode. Mostly intra-team relations, but a few more rounds will begin to expand the story!!!

That's awesome! Character development is one of my favorite parts of stories when I write.

This is gonna be fun.

(Robots are the best!)

Edited by slambros
  • Like 3