grey ghost

What are the next 3 non-Disney films to cross 500 m DOM?

JW2 is no guarantee. That could be a big let down for many like The Lost World was (even though some loved it).

I honestly have no idea regarding this question. I think the best guess is some original film that opens small and keeps on growing. Nostalgia doesn't guarantee anything and growing up in the 90s, I can't think of a single property that could do it....maybe the Batman reboot if it's well reviewed but there is already so much behind the scenes talk with it. Another Batman/Joker film could do it if it's pulled off right but man it's always going to live in the shadow of TDK.

Yeah an upcoming Batman reboot or the big sequel to it is my best guess.

Unless another Harry Potter comes out that reunites the original cast (that I think would do it) but there would have to be another book.

JL has a very small shot at it but TLJ is going to hurt it a lot even if it's well received.

Edited by somebody85

JW 2, Avatar 2-3

Some announced have some outside shoot, some Justice League, maybe a really good Fantastic Beast, Batman solo or Fast and Furious, an animated movie could do it or something we don't know about yet, like the Nolan after Dunkirk.

• Like 1

Avatar 2 and JW 2 are the only non-Disney movies currently in development with a shot at $500m imo. There are a couple properties that if they got a sequel or rebooted like Back to the Future. Or if DC was able to get thier properties working like Marvel but that is all speculation.

And Disney has potential $500m grossers with SW8, SW9, Han Solo, Avengers 3, Avengers 4, Incredibles 2 and The Lion King... 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1