Plain Old Tele

BOT: The Revisiting! The Top 25 of 2007 -- It's done! Best Film of 2007 has been revealed!

I'll have to post my list, but it'll have to wait until Sunday when I get home. 

No Country is a good consensus choice, though. It's like the opposite of TWBB, which hangs on that singular performance so much that the whole feels like it's less than the sum of its parts. No Country, though, is that total package. It's just layer after layer of great filmmaking. You come away not quite sure of how good what you just saw was. 

And then it hits you. The thing that seems so critical and necessary and basic that there's no way a film could work like that without it. But No Country barely has a score. And it's like that lack just brings focus to the things a score would with a razor sharpness. 

I didn't vote it for number 1, or even top 5, but that's more on the enjoyment vs. appreciation divide. As a film it deserves total respect. Good choice, forum. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Goffe said:

btw the last time we did a top 2007, the results were: 

1. Ratatouille

2. There Will Be Blood

3. Zodiac

4. No Country for Old Men

5. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

6. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

7. Hot Fuzz

8. Into the Wild

9. Michael Clayton

10. Gone Baby Gone

11. The Bourne Ultimatum

12. 3:10 to Yuma

13. Transformers

14. Knocked Up

15. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Juno wasn't even in the top 15? What the hell.

Also, for the record, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for not voting for Blades of Glory.

• Like 1

Wow only seeing this now, too busy lately, but thanks everyone involved for making that list, was a pleasure participating in it, great choices all around, and I've written down a few suggestions for future watches!

:hi5:

• Like 1