FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As Ghostbusters was brought up, Reitman did an interview during the launch of Ghostbusters VR where he threw Paul Feig under the bus hard

https://www.google.com/amp/io9.gizmodo.com/the-future-of-ghostbusters-is-uncertain-but-ivan-reitm-1793461305/amp

HOLY SHIT :rofl: 

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

POWER RANGERS!?

It is bad.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Amazing how so many people have negative opinions on this after it opened Softly. Funny I didn't hear anybody saying anything like this when the reviews were good and last week people were talking about it opening over 20 million.

a4571093e436d77be295d49edcd0002d_you-don 

Have you discovered today the big alienation of many people in this forum?
You should have entered the PR thread when the reviews came out.

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As Ghostbusters was brought up, Reitman did an interview during the launch of Ghostbusters VR where he threw Paul Feig under the bus hard

https://www.google.com/amp/io9.gizmodo.com/the-future-of-ghostbusters-is-uncertain-but-ivan-reitm-1793461305/amp

You can see where Feig gets hit by the bus!

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

It doesn't have much money to give. Life's only hope were The Shallows and Don't Breathe. But all their money was sent to Ghostbusters. Better luck next time Life. 

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What money? :lol:

True. Has Sony given up on fudging it pass 100m?

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Ghost in the Shell is not even screening for critics? Whoa we got a turd on our hand it looks like. I feel like it can still get up to 30m opening weekend thanks to ScarJo and some cool ads

Doesn't help that the movie's been caught up in a whitewashing controversy either.

1 minute ago, robertman2 said:

You can see where Feig gets hit by the bus!

True. Has Sony given up on fudging it pass 100m?

you talking about Passengers? It is at 99m right now. A theater near me added on screening. Doubt it will help that much

31 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Rebecca Ferguson should start picking better projects. She was a non-entity in the awful Girl on the Train and great in Life but very few are seeing Life. :( And she has a movie with Flopbender that has been screened and isn't good either. 

She's gonna be in The Greatest Showman. That looks promising. Maybe she can snag a Golden Globe nomination.

Where did you read that The Snowman is bad?

10 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Dat Life number. Ryan Reynolds is back to being Ryan Reynolds for the time being.

I wasn't a fan of Reynolds before, but he really impressed me in LIFE. Very strong presence

• Like 1

•  
  • On Screen Engine/ComScore’s PostTrak, there was a big male turnout of 65% men with an overall near even split in ages with 49% under 25 and 51% over. Biggest age group attending? Millennials 25-34 at 39%.

Pic gets a 66% definite recommend, which is higher than CHIPS (50%) and Life (48%). Boys ages 7-9 made up 44% of the kids under 12 and they loved Power Ranges with a 94% positive score. Dads who repped 45% of the crowd also enjoyed Power Rangers with a 92% positive score. Overall, evenly spread demos for Power Rangers with Caucasians accounting for 35% of Friday’s movigoers followed by 25% Hispanic, 24% African American and 11% Asian.

Power Rangers moviegoers so diverse #togetherwearemore
  • Like 2

@Alli It was discussed on several movie awards forums that it was screened (test screening?) and wasn't good. Dull, unremarkable. Not awful but not great either. 

I'm crossing fingers for The Greatest Showman for Hugh, Rebecca and Michaelle. I'm worried about the director (has done only commercials) but sometimes debuts are more stellar than experienced works so anything is possible. 

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

I wasn't a fan of Reynolds before, but he really impressed me in LIFE. Very strong presence

I've nothing against the guy, but he's a textbook definition of a character being way more popular than an actor. That seems to be the trend with superheroes though.