FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

everybody are focusing on those remake or reboot like BATB and PR....

but neglecting the true spirit of hollywood filmmaking, which are originality and creativity, and recently represented by Get Out.....

Get out deserve more attention, those 30%++ is not bad at all, but should've been better or secure more screens if it wasn't for those unnecessary competition and newcomers like chips.....

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yep, I was thinking the same last night. Ghost in The Shell sadly looks DOA and that really should benefit the others.

Ghost in the Shell has actually had a very aggressive marketing push. But yeah, I'm expecting the whitewashing controversy and what will likely be poor reviews (given that they're not screening it before opening) to pretty much sink it.

50 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

everybody are focusing on those remake or reboot like BATB and PR....

but neglecting the true spirit of hollywood filmmaking, which are originality and creativity, and recently represented by Get Out.....

Get out deserve more attention, those 30%++ is not bad at all, but should've been better or secure more screens if it wasn't for those unnecessary competition and newcomers like chips.....  

Drops for Get Out, considering the stiff competition, are still bordering on incredible. Sorry... I don't agree here.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I mean, come on. It can't really overperform much more than it already has... It's easily the box office story of the year. And, for genre, the story of the century.

C7HTOPpX0AAdeyX.jpg:large

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I mean, come on. It can't really overperform much more than it already has... It's easily the box office story of the year. And, for genre, the story of the century.

I don't know for story of the century, the genre has a lot of competition in incredible run, for example the 450K paranormal activity:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=paranormalactivity.htm

And theat franchise in general, the Saw franchise did something quite extraordinary too

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I previously aiming for $200m, the 1st horror to do so since 1999,  and almost unheard multiplier even for critical drama..but those stiff competition are really annoying.......especially some of them are actually unnecessary, the studio just dump them here......

Gone girl still got 2800+ in its 5th weekend because of relatively relaxed time.....but get out got more in its 5th weekend, but the theater count has already drop to below 2500

What a waste!!

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I previously aiming for $200m, the 1st horror to do so since 1999,  and almost unheard multiplier even for critical drama..but those stiff competition are really annoying.......especially some of them are actually unnecessary, the studio just dump them here......

Gone girl still got 2800+ in its 5th weekend because of relatively relaxed time.....but get out got more in its 5th weekend, but the theater count has already drop to below 2500

What a waste!!

It mostly got rid of theaters where it wasn't making much in the first place.

Its been a great March, but March next year is starting to look very weak. Meg moved to August and the Fox-Marvel film won't make its release  date there. Wreck it Ralph 2 is the only film guaranteed to be a hit, and even that won't make much more than the original. February 2018 is actually  looking stronger. 

1 minute ago, Hades said:

Its been a great March, but March next year is starting to look very weak. Meg moved to August and the Fox-Marvel film won't make its release  date there. Wreck it Ralph 2 is the only film guaranteed to be a hit, and even that won't make much more than the original. February 2018 is actually  looking stronger. 

Ready Player One will do well, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the biggest March film of 2018. 

19 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

What a waste!!

Studios didn't think GO would break out when they put those "unnecessary" movies there.

And every movie has competition, it's a business.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Spain really does love the film,right?

It should win the year unless Ep VIII has a softer drop than expected vs TFA. Moreover, it has an outside chance of of attaining Spain's largest BO take (for a foreign film) since Avatar, but it would need some best-case-scenario legs for that. I'll keep rotting for it.

Edited by Celedhring

6 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

It should win the year unless Ep VIII has a softer drop than expected vs TFA. Moreover, it has an outside chance of of attaining Spain's largest BO take since Avatar, but it would need some best-case-scenario legs for that. I'll keep rotting for it.

Holiday starts in just two weeks.
Maybe that helps.
Although here we seem to love DW movies (Sing and Pets were a success, I think).
So I don't know.

Maybe that helps.
Although here we seem to love DW movies (Sing and Pets were a success, I think).
So I don't know.

Sing and Pets are Illumination not DreamWorks

2 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

Maybe that helps.
So I don't know.

The holidays will help a lot. BatB needs roughly a 6.6x multiplier to beat Fifty Shades' 38.3M take, which is the high watermark for a foreign movie since 2009. 6x and over isn't unheard of in Spain, but those usually happen in summer or winter, when the kids are out of school. Jungle Book attained a 4.5x, but it didn't benefit from Easter Holidays. Plus BaTB is already behaving a bit better (-23% drop vs 28% in first weekend). Right now I'm projecting 5x-5.5x and a low 30s finish. We'll see! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

The holidays will help a lot. BatB needs roughly a 6.6x multiplier to beat Fifty Shades' 38.3M take, which is the high watermark for a foreign movie since 2009. 6x and over isn't unheard of in Spain, but those usually happen in summer or winter, when the kids are out of school. Jungle Book attained a 4.5x, but it didn't benefit from Easter Holidays. Plus BaTB is already behaving a bit better (-23% drop vs 28% in first weekend). Right now I'm projecting 5x-5.5x and a low 30s finish. We'll see! 

Don't remind me how much we love Fifty Shades...........
It's embarrassing:sadben: