CJohn

CINEMACON 2017 | Official Thread

Schedule:

March 27 - Sony 

March 28 - STX, Paramount, Disney (Includes Screening of PotC5)

March 29 - Universal, Focus Features, Warner Bros.

March 30 - 20th Century Fox, Amazon Studios, Lionsgate (Includes Screening of The Hitman's Bodyguard)

Welcome to the official CinemaCon 2017 thread. Discuss all news coming from the event here.

See several posters from the CinemaCon at http://collider.com/cinemacon-posters/

Including the one for the Wall, from the director of Bourne Identity and Live Die Repeat (not making this up, it says Live Die Repeat on the poster and not Edge of Tomorrow).

the-wall-cinemacon-450x600.jpg

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, Alli said:

Can't wait for the Pirates reviews. The movie must be good if they are screening it so far in advance

I believe the Cinemacon screenings are given an embargo. At least I think so. I definitely remember Inside Out had an embargo, but I don't know about any other movies.

1 minute ago, TelemAAchos said:

Formal reviews will be embargoed but usually there's some sort of account of reactions. Then again, it's exhibitors: anything flashy and cool and VFX-driven usually gets wows, regardless of whether or not the movie's any good.

Almost as if they just want butts in seats.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

Formal reviews will be embargoed but usually there's some sort of account of reactions. Then again, it's exhibitors: anything flashy and cool and VFX-driven usually gets wows, regardless of whether or not the movie's any good.

We do see people from various film blogs give their brief Twitter reactions as well.

But yeah, these screenings likely won't reach the eyes of any actual film critics.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pirates but I think Inside Out and Finding Dory were both just "first half-hour" screenings. Not a bad business strategy because if it's good you get great buzz but if it's not you get "Let's wait and see how it plays out"

Speaking of which I've heard Cars 3 is screening in full soon; though not sure if it's at CinemaCon.

Edited by tribefan695

18 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pirates but I think Inside Out and Finding Dory were both just "first half-hour" screenings. Not a bad business strategy because if it's good you get great buzz but if it's not you get "Let's wait and see how it plays out"

Speaking of which I've heard Cars 3 is screening in full soon; though not sure if it's at CinemaCon.

Hmm.

It probably won't screen in full at CinemaCon if Pirates is Disney's official screening in whatever capacity.

Maybe it's a half-hour for both. Or maybe it's just Pirates.

The curious thing to note is that Disney's exhibition is supposed to be 2 and a half hours which is supposed to be an all inclusive showcase of Disney's upcoming projects (like Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, et. al.) *and* the Pirates screening, so it begs the question as to Pirates' runtime.

Edited by Jay Beezy