CJohn

CINEMACON 2017 | Official Thread

1 hour ago, Xillix said:

Wait. They moved Baby Driver out of a quiet month to put it 5 days after Transformers and nine days before their own Spider-Man? The hell are they on?

What, were they worried The Hitman's Bodyguard was gonna steal their thunder?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think that's the only film going wide that weekend now. Wow August is truly gonna be dead. 

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think that's the only film going wide that weekend now. Wow August is truly gonna be dead. 

The Nut Job 2 is actually coming out the same weekend as Hitman's Bodyguard, which is the weekend after Baby Driver was originally scheduled. It's Annabelle 2 that now has a weekend to itself.

I go see practically every wide release horror flick so Annabelle 2 and Polaroid will at least be there for me in August, assuming Polaroid doesn't get delayed (it IS a Dimension film after all). Definitely no Suicide Squad or Guardians of the Galaxy equivalent this August though. Not even a Ninja Turtles. Maybe Valerian should move to August. It's gonna bomb anyway, they could at least give it some breathing room.

8 minutes ago, Xillix said:

The Nut Job 2 is actually coming out the same weekend as Hitman's Bodyguard, which is the weekend after Baby Driver was originally scheduled. It's Annabelle 2 that now has a weekend to itself.

I go see practically every wide release horror flick so Annabelle 2 and Polaroid will at least be there for me in August, assuming Polaroid doesn't get delayed (it IS a Dimension film after all). Definitely no Suicide Squad or Guardians of the Galaxy equivalent this August though. Not even a Ninja Turtles. Maybe Valerian should move to August. It's gonna bomb anyway, they could at least give it some breathing room.

Ahhh Thanks for the correction! I just remember seeing the august calendar over the weekend so I must have gotten the nut job 2 and Baby Driver's dates mixed up. 

Of course it's still early but I don't see any of the so called blockbusters moving. To me it just means that some of these original films may have a shot to make some money at least. It won't be much but at least it's something. I guess the one that could really breakout is the Nut job 2 though. Also Annabelle 2. 

Edited by Nova

Also of note:

Elton John, Andrew Lloyd Weber and Tim Rice are working on an animated movie called Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for the STX Family banner.

STX is working with Amazon on a project.

Another currently untitled animated movie is coming with Eddie Murphy starring as a character called Bo the Bull.

Bad Moms Christmas will begin filming this summer.

I think that's it for right now? Still looking to see if I'm missing anything.