kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

I imagine it is expected to be with the 2 different genre, but A quiet place is selling about 3.5 to 4.5x more ticket than Blockers on fandango constantly. Really not sure, but it feel like it is pre-sailing quite well in comparison.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine it is expected to be with the 2 different genre, but A quiet place is selling about 3.5 to 4.5x more ticket than Blockers on fandango constantly. Really not sure, but it feel like it is pre-sailing quite well in comparison.

What’s been the trend for smart well reviewed studio horror, these days? I know the campy and schlocky horror of old is frontloaded.

Edited by Jay Beezy

24 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

What’s been the trend for smart well reviewed studio horror, these days? I know the campy and schlocky horror of old is frontloaded.

That why I said that I didn't do how good it really was, started to follow Fandango numbers just really recently. I must imagine the pg-13 horror will be a lot more pre-sales & previews heavy than a r-rated non sequel comedy like Blockers, this example will give me some idea for the future.

Edited by Barnack

Just watched it. What a great, tense film. I'm not gonna repeat what many reviews are saying, just that I agree. I'll add however that I thought it was great how they handled mystery in this film. It said what it needed and left you to guess the rest. And you want to guess, you want to know because it's all so enthralling. The closest thing I can think of is Half Life 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

That why I said that I didn't do how good it really was, started to follow Fandango numbers just really recently. I must imagine the pg-13 horror will be a lot more pre-sales & previews heavy than a r-rated non sequel comedy like Blockers, this example will give me some idea for the future.

That's not always the case. Insidious 4 didn't show up on Pulse until the morning of previews and managed to hit nearly 30M on OW. Split appeared on Tuesday vs Monday night for A Quiet Place. It's spent most of the day off Pulse but is third right now.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's not always the case. Insidious 4 didn't show up on Pulse until the morning of previews and managed to hit nearly 30M on OW. Split appeared on Tuesday vs Monday night for A Quiet Place. It's spent most of the day off Pulse but is third right now.

Doesn't that rely a lot of what the competition is to be in the top 5 or not ?, compiled absolute sales numbers will be I imagine more relevant.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Doesn't that rely a lot of what the competition is to be in the top 5 or not ?, compiled absolute sales numbers will be I imagine more relevant.

In some cases yes, but Insidious was looking fairly weak until that Thursday. Split had less to contend with in the market when it came out, so that further strengthens AQP's sales

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

It was interesting that it had 100% while Get Out didn't even have that...   and Get Out is the best film I saw all year. 

Get Out had 100% for ages too before it was released. Someone always ruins it. 

Still not clicking on “Impulse Gamer” if it’s hits their going for. 

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Get Out had 100% for ages too before it was released. Someone always ruins it. 

Still not clicking on “Impulse Gamer” if it’s hits their going for. 

Paddington 2 still has 100% after almost 200 reviews. Monster of a movie.

Get Out deserved a near 100% score as well, it was a great movie and I don't even like horror. I wonder if I'll ever watch A Quiet Place; last year I only watched Split and Get Out for horror.

I haven't watched the movie yet, but how the hell can you have a family full of kids and not make a single damn noise?

I mean, what happens when they're sleeping? If you snore, I assume it's game over. How can't they cough, fart, sneeze? The movie looks great, but it's hard to buy the plot.

Do they even adress that or are we meant to ignore all that stuff? lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I haven't watched the movie yet, but how the hell can you have a family full of kids and not make a single damn noise?

I mean, what happens when they're sleeping? If you snore, I assume it's game over. How can't they cough, fart, sneeze? The movie looks great, but it's hard to buy the plot.

Do they even adress that or are we meant to ignore all that stuff? lol

Natural selection I guess? :lol:

Only those who can resist the temptation to relieve gasses from their body shall survive

• Haha 3

omg i just read the actress who plays the daughter is deaf in real life. I'm so glad Krasiniski cast a deaf actress <3 I wanted to go see this before but I'll definitely support now. 

I really think this could break out to Get Out/Split levels. It looks great and different and intense.  I honestly think the Pg-13/R thing is overblown. If a film is good it's good. The rating doesn't matter. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2